Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

6hrs to get out of the car park!

6hrs to get out of the car park!

Old Dec 27th 2015, 4:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: 6hrs to get out of the car park!

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I just remembered I was at Ikea in Richmond Melbourne when something like this happened...
You have the mythology land called Ikea ?
Old Dec 27th 2015, 7:32 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
It took me 20 minutes to get out of the Dan Murphy's car park this afternoon. That was pretty stressful but I got some nice beer so it's all good.

Merry christmas everyone!
It took me 2 hours to get my dad out of Costco last week, he'd never seen the tasting stations before. He cleared off to the dunny as soon as we got inside, we didn't find him again for over an hour when we finally spotted him he was waiting for an "orgasmic ice cream" sample, I don't think that was quite what it said on the tub. My mum was mortified as he led us around the store telling us the names of the girls dishing out samples...........
Old Dec 27th 2015, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

It took me 20 minutes to get out of the Dan Murphy's car park this afternoon. That was pretty stressful but I got some nice beer so it's all good.

20 mins is a small price to pay for a nice cold beer. A belated Merry Christmas to you too.
Old Dec 27th 2015, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
It took me 2 hours to get my dad out of Costco last week, he'd never seen the tasting stations before. He cleared off to the dunny as soon as we got inside, we didn't find him again for over an hour when we finally spotted him he was waiting for an "orgasmic ice cream" sample, I don't think that was quite what it said on the tub. My mum was mortified as he led us around the store telling us the names of the girls dishing out samples...........
He sounds like an absolute hoot - have to bring him a tub of Baileys icecream on New Years Day.
Old Dec 27th 2015, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

We did our shopping in Winchester , made multiple trips plus there was a Xmas market on. We never took more than 4 mins to get home......

We live two streets away from the Cathedral
Old Dec 27th 2015, 9:55 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
He sounds like an absolute hoot - have to bring him a tub of Baileys icecream on New Years Day.
He gets worse the older he gets, no fear of upsetting anyone, shouting across Costco to my mum "Hey you should try this orgasmic ice cream" We cowered behind the large trolley pretending not to know him.
He then took off his jacket so he could go back for seconds "without being recognized" He must have sampled everything on offer at least twice. At one point he was taking crackers down to the cheese samples and then to the ham lady making multiple cracker sandwiches.
Old Dec 27th 2015, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

He gets worse the older he gets, no fear of upsetting anyone, shouting across Costco to my mum "Hey you should try this orgasmic ice cream" We cowered behind the large trolley pretending not to know him.
He then took off his jacket so he could go back for seconds "without being recognized" He must have sampled everything on offer at least twice. At one point he was taking crackers down to the cheese samples and then to the ham lady making multiple cracker sandwiches.
Love it, sounds just like my kids with the taste testers.
Old Dec 27th 2015, 10:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Love it! Thats clever
Old Dec 27th 2015, 10:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to get to that age where you just don't give a shit any more about what you say. I'm not that fussed now but I do try and show restraint.
Old Dec 27th 2015, 11:58 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be tempted to try one on the spot while waiting for traffic to clear. Don't think it ever took me more than 20 seconds to drive out of my local Dan Murphy's...

Are we done with massive shopping sprees or is there yet another shopping craze around the corner involving the New Year?
Old Dec 27th 2015, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
You have the mythology land called Ikea ?
I think there are two of the buggers in Melbourne now.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I think there are two of the buggers in Melbourne now.
There will be two in Brisvegas soon. The good people of North Lakes will never have to leave their enclave again..................
Old Dec 28th 2015, 1:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

If you're into craft beers (and who isn't really?), I'd recommend Liquor Shed (owned by the Spud Shed dude). The one near where I work in Jandakot has a superb selection of beer. Some os a bit pricey but there are some good deals too. I picked up a case of one of my favourite beers, Windhoek Lager, which I am currently enjoying