Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

5 years on he's relised he's due half?

5 years on he's relised he's due half?

Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:51 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 5 years on he's relised he's due half?

Originally Posted by Fly Away
ITV news - 6.45pm

NEWS!!!

Wife ACCEPTS she has been in contact with her husband and knew he wasn't dead!

I knew it!
Fabulous.

But it just goes to show, you always get found out in the end.

Did their kids know? Cruel if not.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Fabulous.

But it just goes to show, you always get found out in the end.

Did their kids know? Cruel if not.
They didn't say if his children knew, but he is staying with his son, so there doesn't seem to be any bad feeling.................
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

I agree, I wonder if she got an insurance payout, cleared off to somewhere without an extradition agreement and then he appears, says he lost his memory and then flies out to join her. hmmmm

You got in in one!

Debbie
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissydeb
You got in in one!

Debbie
i have a criminal mind!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:13 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

This has got to be the most splendid news story for weeks - so much more entertaining than the Northern Rock bore or the recent yawn about political donations.....great stuff

The BBC have sent a reporter to Panama to investigate - FINALLY a worthwhile spend of license-payer's money

Love the Harold Bishop reference
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JenniGee
This has got to be the most splendid news story for weeks - so much more entertaining than the Northern Rock bore or the recent yawn about political donations.....great stuff

The BBC have sent a reporter to Panama to investigate - FINALLY a worthwhile spend of license-payer's money

Love the Harold Bishop reference

I agree it has cheered me up no end today. nothing like a real life mystery to solve!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 5:42 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: 5 years on he's relised he's due half?

The wife of a British man who walked into a police station five years after he disappeared has admitted to knowing for years that he was alive.

Anne Darwin's remarks are the latest twist in an increasingly bizarre story that has seen her husband John, 57, arrested on suspicion of fraud, and a photograph published allegedly showing the couple last year in Panama, where she has since settled.

After being confronted about the photo, Ms Darwin, 55, conceded to The Daily Mail and The Daily Mirror newspapers that "that picture answers a lot of questions".

"Yes, that's my husband," she said.

She insisted that she had initially thought her husband had actually died after he disappeared after going canoeing in the North Sea in 2002, adding it was "quite some time" before she found out he was still alive.

Asked how long it was after his disappearance that she discovered he was alive, she would only say: "It was years later."

Her husband walked into a central London police station on Saturday and said he was a missing person.

He told police he could remember nothing of the last five years. After what was described as an emotional reunion with his children, Mr Darwin was said to have no memory of anything since June 2000 - two years before he went missing.
ABC.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 5:43 am

If he had no memory since then, how did he locate his wife?

Old Dec 6th 2007, 6:17 am

And can he really be sure it's his wife?

What if she's been busy with photoshop?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:00 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

He must have watched too much Reginald Perring as a young man. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-3Jv...eature=related

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

The wife of a British man who walked into a police station five years after he disappeared has admitted to knowing for years that he was alive.

Anne Darwin's remarks are the latest twist in an increasingly bizarre story that has seen her husband John, 57, arrested on suspicion of fraud, and a photograph published allegedly showing the couple last year in Panama, where she has since settled.

After being confronted about the photo, Ms Darwin, 55, conceded to The Daily Mail and The Daily Mirror newspapers that "that picture answers a lot of questions".

"Yes, that's my husband," she said.

She insisted that she had initially thought her husband had actually died after he disappeared after going canoeing in the North Sea in 2002, adding it was "quite some time" before she found out he was still alive.

Asked how long it was after his disappearance that she discovered he was alive, she would only say: "It was years later."

Her husband walked into a central London police station on Saturday and said he was a missing person.

He told police he could remember nothing of the last five years. After what was described as an emotional reunion with his children, Mr Darwin was said to have no memory of anything since June 2000 - two years before he went missing.
ABC.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:01 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
If he had no memory since then, how did he locate his wife?

PMSL...
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So his wife was in on it for part of the time, but his kids didn't know;

Anne Darwin is reported to have broken down in tears and confirmed the picture is genuine, telling reporters that her life had become a 'nightmare'.

According to reports she said: 'Yes, that's him. My sons will never forgive me. They knew nothing. They thought John was dead. Now they are going to hate me.'

(Independent Television News Limited 2007)

Going to be a fun Christmas in their house!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:51 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Going to be a fun Christmas in their house!
Oh to be a fly on the wall.......... wearing a paper hat of course

And to preserve confidentiality, I promise to forget all about it afterwards!

She's on her way back!!! What I wouldn't give to see the joyful reunion
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
I think it's hilarious & dodgy & if they can get away with it, good luck to 'em!
Oh OK, but then I guess you are the one still in Blighty and paying more for your insurances to cover things like fraud....

Must admit, I dont understand why if he was in Panama with his wife a few weeks ago he's then gone back to the UK and given himself up.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bridie
Oh OK, but then I guess you are the one still in Blighty and paying more for your insurances to cover things like fraud....

Must admit, I dont understand why if he was in Panama with his wife a few weeks ago he's then gone back to the UK and given himself up.
They have been investigating his 'death' and a Panama connection for 3 months. maybe he thought he could sort it out by pretending to have amnesia? maybe he wanted to see his kids if he hadn't seen them for 5 years??? Maybe he's totally bonkers....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.