44 and depressed!!

Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:58 pm
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future
Default 44 and depressed!!

I heard on the news the other day that "people" are the most depressed when they are 44. Well I'm already quite depressed and I turn 44 in 2 weeks! I've warned my OH to watch out (he's only 37!)! Is this just bol***cks or should we be prepared!!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:05 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 44 and depressed!!

Originally Posted by PaddyHaHa
I heard on the news the other day that "people" are the most depressed when they are 44. Well I'm already quite depressed and I turn 44 in 2 weeks! I've warned my OH to watch out (he's only 37!)! Is this just bol***cks or should we be prepared!!
Rubbish, Im 46 this year and still depressed
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

i wos told life begins at forty... well that happened yesterday and this morning i feel like i died...
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:10 pm
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future

Well at least I've got that to look forward too! getting older and more depressed.

I work at home most of the time (just to preserve my sanity!!) but I went into the office last thursday. Now lets go back an evening - I'd said to my OH that all I do is moan - so I was going to restrict myself to 1 moan a day - well I lasted to 09:30. - Then I had a team meeting and I noticed at least 10 moans - so I'm c**p at that too. Does moaning count as being depressed? If so, there's no hope 4 me!!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

don't confuse moaning with being down or being down with being depressed... all very different things...
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:15 pm
Curse you aqua scum

Originally Posted by eddie007
don't confuse moaning with being down or being down with being depressed... all very different things...
How are they different? Please tell me!! am I just a natural born whinger or a 44 year old depressee!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:17 pm
Curse you aqua scum

How are they different? Please tell me!! am I just a natural born whinger or a 44 year old depressee!
I've got a horrible feeling it's the natural born whinger (though I do blame my mother!!) - HOW DO I CHANGE IT!! - Please help!!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:48 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Move to Australia !!

You will still feel old, but will have a tan too !
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:58 pm
Curse you aqua scum

You know, I spoke to my mum this pm (in Oz) and she's been in Oz for 3 months over the winter with her brother and sister and she still made me feel guilty for applying to emigrate to Oz - and as for my OH's family (he's Irish - whether that's relevant - I don't know) - well the last communication from them was his sister calling me an Enlish ****** for taking her brother away. Well what can you do - I don't know -I guess I'll just get more depressed until we get there and then F**k the lot of them!!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:01 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I spoke to my mum this pm (in Oz) and she's been in Oz for 3 months over the winter with her brother and sister and she still made me feel guilty for applying to emigrate to Oz - and as for my OH's family (he's Irish - whether that's relevant - I don't know) - well the last communication from them was his sister calling me an Enlish ****** for taking her brother away. Well what can you do - I don't know -I guess I'll just get more depressed until we get there and then F**k the lot of them!!
Does get you like that.

In fact moreso when you actually move.

The lack of communication, the cant be bothered attitude you meet, is childish and at times upsetting.

Ste
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:13 am
Curse you aqua scum

It's all so upsetting really - my mum's obviously pretendng that it's great. And my OH mum think's that it is great - but his sisters thinking that I'm the bitch for suggesting it.

I just hope it works out ok and we can go to Oz with my OH cutting off his family, like I've done with mine - though I think he's probally softer than me. I gave up on mine years ago - too many disappointments and crap - think his expectations of his family are still too high and his disppointments are still to come. Maybe even cutting off is the wrong word, but some of them definately can't accept that he's decided to move away - and just need to blame someone - and that's me and that's hard to take - am I being too sensitive - I don't know - I jsut want it to be resolved b4 we go to Oz - any advice on how to deal with the family's welcome!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:30 am
Banned

one of those, you " gotta deal with it " situations !

Never easy.. but when you are ready to go, be open , honest and upfront.

Throw a party, invite them all.. and well you have done your bit then.

If they show true colours, for whatever reason and whichever side of the fence they move to.. well it is gonna be a experience !!

Ste
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:36 am
Curse you aqua scum

Thanks, Timber Floor Au, I'm sure you're right. We've just got to go for it - I'm sure me and daughter are up for it -just got to be there to support OH when and if he has problems dealing with it - the Irish are so very differnent to the English - That's a huge generalisation - and I'm sorry for that - In our family the English and Irish approach this differently!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Depressed?..maybe you need a complete lifestyle change.

Cut out the boos, caffeine, sugar, ciggies and any other drugs and replace it with:

on wake up: 1 strong multi V tablet (sustained release).

Then 30 mins of high intestiy training on an exercise bike - 5 days a week.

Breakfast: Banana and quality protein shake.

Lunch: large fruit salad and quality protein shake.

Dinner: chicken breast, brown rice and veges or salad (for example).

Throughout the day pop a fish oil cap with your meals for healthy fats. Cook with Olive oil at night and add some avocado to your salad. If you need a snack eat salt free nuts.

Cutting caffeine and sugar is very important - both are major causes of depression. Caffeine puts one in a false flight or fight mode, it also reduces your brains ability to produce its own happy chemicals. Sugar has a similar effect - I can't emphasis enough how bad sugar is.

No Milk, no bread, no chocolate etc, just fresh fruit, protein & healthy fats.

Do that and come back to me in 3 months and you will have no sign of depression - you will be one of the happiest people in the world.

The first month will be a killer while you detox, once you come through the other end you won't believe it was possible to feel so good.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:48 am
Curse you aqua scum

Potato_Potato, this is an excellent comment and I can just back everything you say - i've been on a low-carb, low-cal, low caffiene diet since jan last year and have very gradually lost just over a stone, which is great! But I'm still wound so tight I'll over react to the smallest of things!! I was on anti depressant till a couple of years ago and the counselling worked and I got calm. But that seems to have gone - I'm calm about most stuff,but there's still a couple of things (parking in the street - very irrrational, but very annoying!) that just make my blood boil!!!! etc that I just can't et over - maybe more counselling's required- I do't know - I've never said I was perfect! -just as f***ed up as everyone else!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.