Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

4 corners - monday (organ donation)

4 corners - monday (organ donation)

Old Apr 6th 2013, 10:59 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 corners - monday (organ donation)

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
...so I haven't missed it then. When IS it being shown???
Tomorrow at 8:30 on ABC
Old Apr 6th 2013, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Tomorrow at 8:30 on ABC
OK- I'll watch and look out for a nervous member of theatre staff!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:21 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Anyone got a spare liver?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I watched this last night. It was really interesting and sparked a conversation with my husband and daughter about what our wishes are. Both had no idea that the family had the final say whether organs were donated. They both thought that so long as you ticked the box on your driver's license then you were a donor.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I am donating my body to medical science, and my brain to the MS society. If it can do some good for others, then I'm all for it. Why waste it by burning it or putting it in a hole in the ground??

As a PWMS, I'm not sure my organs are suitable for donation - they don't let me give blood, and not just because I was a rural pom when BSE was about.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I am donating my body to medical science, and my brain to the MS society. If it can do some good for others, then I'm all for it. Why waste it by burning it or putting it in a hole in the ground??

As a PWMS, I'm not sure my organs are suitable for donation - they don't let me give blood, and not just because I was a rural pom when BSE was about.
I would love to register as an organ donor but assume pommies are barred (as they are with blood donations) anyone know if this is true?
Old Apr 9th 2013, 4:05 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Chortlepuss
I would love to register as an organ donor but assume pommies are barred (as they are with blood donations) anyone know if this is true?
They are not. Pommie organs are as welcome as any others.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:34 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its such a strange and sensitive issue I am not comfortable donating my or any of my families organs but then i know if any of my kids needed a kidney i would be praying for one The doctors that were on it from Austin , i reckon are some of the best in the world and absolutely lovely to work with.

I am hoping to go on a few courses to ease my mind about the issue.

P.s i did make a brief appearance, i was a theatre nurse with black glasses on

Last edited by Margaret3; Apr 9th 2013 at 5:36 am.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:31 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I watched this last night. It was really interesting and sparked a conversation with my husband and daughter about what our wishes are. Both had no idea that the family had the final say whether organs were donated. They both thought that so long as you ticked the box on your driver's license then you were a donor.
Same here Dorothy. It made me start thinking about it myself. It must have been hard for the film crew and reporter to have to make the story.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 11:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Four days after the 87 year old mother died, my sister asked if we felt her organs should be donated. Gave me and my brother a chuckle.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Our experience with an old Australian piano is that they have some value and most people seem to want to keep them or get something for them, even if they are old and knackered..

We've been glued to this UK emergency ward programme on the box, M, I was thinking of you.