2m of snow OMG!!!!!

Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2m of snow OMG!!!!!

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Just been out to the new IKEA in Milton Keynes and it has started snowing again!! The other stuff is still on the ground.

Anne, my kids have been filling my empty patio tubs with snow, so I could send it down to you if you like. Instead of making a snowman like normal kids my middle child decided he wanted defences, so he made a wall and some giant snowballs in case we got invaded! He wants to join the army when he is older, I think he will do just fine
Oh Anne you need to come to Suffolk! Its STILL snowing, blizzard conditions now which mean we can't go anywhere! Its been 3 days, some places have lost power. The people we've seen venturing out look ready for an expedition inc skies and sledges!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:48 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Just been out to the new IKEA in Milton Keynes and it has started snowing again!! The other stuff is still on the ground.

Anne, my kids have been filling my empty patio tubs with snow, so I could send it down to you if you like. Instead of making a snowman like normal kids my middle child decided he wanted defences, so he made a wall and some giant snowballs in case we got invaded! He wants to join the army when he is older, I think he will do just fine
We used to do that when we were kids. I had a brother and sister, we got the two kids from next door to join us then we used to have a battle against the family with five kids up the road. It was great, like a half built igloo to hide behind. I was the youngest so it was my job to keep the ammo coming

No snow here, just rain now.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
We used to do that when we were kids. I had a brother and sister, we got the two kids from next door to join us then we used to have a battle against the family with five kids up the road. It was great, like a half built igloo to hide behind. I was the youngest so it was my job to keep the ammo coming

No snow here, just rain now.
Son's birthday today and he's decided to spend it......in bed!!! He's had enough of the snow and just wants to snuggle up with his lala blanket! Ahhhh bless him.....
Old Dec 30th 2005, 1:26 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Son's birthday today and he's decided to spend it......in bed!!! He's had enough of the snow and just wants to snuggle up with his lala blanket! Ahhhh bless him.....
Almost half past midnight here and the temperature has dropped ....... to 28C.

I'd like to snuggle up in bed with an igloo but instead all I have is cold beer
Old Dec 30th 2005, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wmoore
Almost half past midnight here and the temperature has dropped ....... to 28C.

I'd like to snuggle up in bed with an igloo but instead all I have is cold beer
feeling for you Wayne I really am! 28 degrees in the early hours of the monring isn't my idea of fun! Now sitting in front of a roaring fire with a warm beer in a glass (not a bottle) is fun! Switch the air con on!!!!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 1:34 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

feeling for you Wayne I really am! 28 degrees in the early hours of the monring isn't my idea of fun! Now sitting in front of a roaring fire with a warm beer in a glass (not a bottle) is fun! Switch the air con on!!!!
Haven't got aircon here. No need for it at only28C It was 36C in the living room when I came home from work. I just open all the doors and windows and let the breeze blow through
Old Dec 30th 2005, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wmoore
Haven't got aircon here. No need for it at only28C It was 36C in the living room when I came home from work. I just open all the doors and windows and let the breeze blow through
bloody hell! I've already brought a portable air con unit to bring over with us 'just in case'! Will miss the UK. Glad we've had a good traditional christmas and its snowed tho. Everywhere looks so pretty! I think its good to leave a place on a high, rather than hating a country
Old Dec 30th 2005, 1:39 pm
What's happening dudes?

bloody hell! I've already brought a portable air con unit to bring over with us 'just in case'! Will miss the UK. Glad we've had a good traditional christmas and its snowed tho. Everywhere looks so pretty! I think its good to leave a place on a high, rather than hating a country
Totally agree. I always said I wasn't leaving the UK because I hated it, I just wanted something different. We left after a glorious start to the summer in June / July. Mind you, it was 22-24C when we got here at the end of July and we were getting looks and comments for wearing shorts

I do have a portable cooler running, along with 4 fans in the house BTW
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:21 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Last couple of days it's been as white as a sheet here in Dundee. Too good to last as today the rain came down and it's slush all the way.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 30th 2005, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Where is "here"?
Paisley, just outside of Glasgow. Still got some left, but it's melting now. Better be quick !
Old Dec 31st 2005, 10:17 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

People slipping and sliding all over the place! Shouldn't have laughed, but couldn't help it when this women skidded with her trolley across the Asda car park They seem to have gritted everywhere, bar the car parks!
This is so true and typical of the great (lack of) planning abilities of the Great British powers that be
Old Dec 31st 2005, 10:18 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sorchar
Paisley, just outside of Glasgow. Still got some left, but it's melting now. Better be quick !
Nowt but slush here in Teesside
Old Dec 31st 2005, 10:33 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Nowt but slush here in Teesside
Same here, Bev. Still, we've had three glorious days of lovely thick white snow (made all the better by the fact that we've not had to go out the housel) but have woken up this morning to find it pouring with rain, and snow virtually gone. Boo-hoo