2m of snow OMG!!!!!

Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:13 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2m of snow OMG!!!!!

Originally Posted by glittababe
ooooooooo its getting worst!
How exciting !!!!! Remind me where you live. Blow down Surrey/Hampshire direction please
Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:15 am

It's snowing!!!!!!!! Weyhey, just done a little dance around the kitchen
Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:16 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

about 2mm here
Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:17 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, we have got snow, more than rob but less than GB. We have lived here for almost 10 years and I think we have had snow once and that was last year. It snowed so much in a short space of time that everyone was caught on the hop! It took my husband 3 hours to do a 15 minute journey cos people insisted on driving a 5 miles an hour as soon as it started.

Anyway, I hope it melts by tomorrow as my cats are in a cattery that is in the middle of the countryside down some very tiny country lanes :scared:

The kids are loving it though and I am glad it happened now as we may not be here this time next year

Have a great day everyone

Shirley
Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
It's snowing!!!!!!!! Weyhey, just done a little dance around the kitchen
we're in Suffolk! Can't believe the difference to the pics I took xmas day! The village looks gorgeous. I love the snow....but still I have drive in the stuff later. Ah well off to bed as on nights X Do you think we'll get enough to go skiing?
Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:20 am

we're in Suffolk! Can't believe the difference to the pics I took xmas day! The village looks gorgeous. I love the snow....but still I have drive in the stuff later. Ah well off to bed as on nights X Do you think we'll get enough to go skiing?
Although I personally love the snow, I do feel for you having to drive in it later. Have a good sleep and drive carefully tonight. Stay safe.

Anne x
Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Please please pleeeeeeeeeease send some to Brisbane! I am desperately achingly JEALOUS!!!!!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Please please pleeeeeeeeeease send some to Brisbane! I am desperately achingly JEALOUS!!!!!
well its been snowing all day now. Tucked up in bed as I'm on nights, but will have to go and drive in it soon
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:04 pm

Had a very brief flurry this morning and that was it
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Had a very brief flurry this morning and that was it
Its bad here and is getting worst. Roads really dodgy and they have said only travel if you have to. Does this apply to work as well? So tempted to call in and say that the Met Office have told me I can't possibly drive in to work!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:10 pm

Its bad here and is getting worst. Roads really dodgy and they have said only travel if you have to. Does this apply to work as well? So tempted to call in and say that the Met Office have told me I can't possibly drive in to work!
I take it you are a nurse. What dept? Try ringing work and see what they suggest. Perhaps the poor people on the day shift are unable to get home because of the snow and will stay to do your shift
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

I take it you are a nurse. What dept? Try ringing work and see what they suggest. Perhaps the poor people on the day shift are unable to get home because of the snow and will stay to do your shift
wouldn't that fab! Trust me no matter what happens, the late turn will always find a way to escape that place! I'll take it steady on my way there, if I'm late, I'm late! Not going to risk killing myself just for work!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 6:16 pm

wouldn't that fab! Trust me no matter what happens, the late turn will always find a way to escape that place! I'll take it steady on my way there, if I'm late, I'm late! Not going to risk killing myself just for work!
Tried to send you some drive carefully, stay safe karma, but I have to spread. Make sure you have warm clothes, walking shoes, fully charged mobile and torch with you.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tried to send you some drive carefully, stay safe karma, but I have to spread. Make sure you have warm clothes, walking shoes, fully charged mobile and torch with you.
hat - check, scarf - check, fully charged mobile - check, torch - check, walking shoes.....ummmm well I have pretty girly work shoes so check! Am I scared?????? Check!!!!

My first and only car accident was in the snow in 1995 and involved 14 other cars..... it made national news. Since then I have had this phobia about driving in snow! Tried to explain this to work when i called them and they said "everyone else feels the same and they've managed to get in!" Charming hey? Can't wait to leave the place!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 7:59 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

hat - check, scarf - check, fully charged mobile - check, torch - check, walking shoes.....ummmm well I have pretty girly work shoes so check! Am I scared?????? Check!!!!

My first and only car accident was in the snow in 1995 and involved 14 other cars..... it made national news. Since then I have had this phobia about driving in snow! Tried to explain this to work when i called them and they said "everyone else feels the same and they've managed to get in!" Charming hey? Can't wait to leave the place!
Oh, GB I bet you can't, and with lovely caring people like that to work with, who can blame you?

Be careful out there, I love the snow to look at, but absolutely refuse to drive on it.

Have you got a blanket, fully charged mobile and a flask of hot something (not alcohol eh)

Shirley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.