25 YEARS

Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:44 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default 25 YEARS

25 Years ago tomorrow I remember standing next to Pauline, we were both standing at the altar and I was shit scared. What would life hold for us?
It was in the 80? And the future looked dismal to say the least.
People were out of work everywhere and it didn’t look like it was going to get any better.
Most of my friend had never worked after leaving school and no sign of ever doing so.
Being so young most people said it would never last.
After a few weeks we managed to get our first rental. It was a shithole but we made it home as best we could. Our first was born and we struggled finically for a long time. But we were happy!
After a year or so we managed to get our first council house. Then came our second child. A few years later we had our third.
We always felt we were fighting to survive.
Pauline had always wanted to go and get a better education; she felt she had missed out on marrying and having the kids so young. She could see that we would be stuck in the same place forever if something didn’t change. I thought I was doing the right thing and working my arse off to keep us all going.
After about 10 years of marriage we managed to get our first holiday together. Family and friends looked after the kids while we both went off to find each other. It was an eye opener for both of us, because we wondered if spending a couple of weeks together without kids or work to distract us we might not even like each other.
We had a great time and really found the reason why we were still together. Not only did we love each other, but we still liked each other. The holiday was exactly what we both needed. We both came back with a better outlook to our lives.
Pauline had nagged me for years for her to train as a midwife. I couldn’t see how it would work, because someone had to look after the kids. She came up with a plan for our future.
I would give up work and she would train. That meant I was to become a househusband!
To be very honest we had nothing to lose. My job was going nowhere and the money was pish, so I gave in.
It was tough and when i say tough. I mean it was the poorest we had ever been. It was a struggle to feed us all at times and paying bills was a killer, but we struggled through. Pauline had a goal and she was determined to finish it. It meant she had to do other work while training to feed us. At times this was taking its toll on Pauline. Trying to study and work 12 hour shifts was really hard on her.
After four years of training she finally passed all her exams and graduated. Now all she needed was a job. She had to sweat it out for a few months.
There’s only a few times in our life when I have sat and thought “what the fk have we done”
Pauline had had an interview and was waiting to hear back. They told her she would hear by 6 that day. The council had been chasing us for rent. So the deal was. We could only pick up the phone if it was the hospital for Pauline. Thank gawd for caller display lol
The phone rang and it was the hospital to tell Pauline she had the job. 5 mins later the council called and we told them they would be getting the rent in a month lol. That’s how hard it was for us. After about 2 years we had cleared all our debt and the future looked rosy. The kids were a bit older and i could go back to work. Before too long we had bought our first house and we really did feel content for the first time in our lives. We had bought an older house that needed a lot of work so we began renovating it. While doing this we had started on the road to Australia. Any money made from the house would fund our Australian adventure. I had changed my job and i was also working for myself. After five years of planning our visas arrived. Financially for once we were pretty well off. People thought it was mad and that we would never go through with it. Well the rest is history and can be read in any of our updates if you want to search for them.
Anyone who knows us will know that Pauline deserves more than a medal for putting up with my pish this long.

So tomorrow I will turn to Pauline just like I did to that wee lassie at the altar and think.......... What will life hold for us?
Only this time I won’t be scared!

I consider myself very lucky; I can look back at all our hardships and know they are part of our growth. It has made us stronger, more determined and what we are today. We have 3 fantastic young adults that we love to bits and we are very happy.
We you have someone as strong as Pauline by your side you know you can achieve everything.
LOVE is not a strong enough word to describe how I feel about her.
She is my rock and my soul mate.

Pauline, when you read this, and I know you will (because you’re nosey) can I just say thanks for the last 25 years of laughs, good, hard times, my kids and you.

I LOVE YOU
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:46 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 25 YEARS

Aww, that brought a tear to my eye . She is one lucky woman Soapy to have you
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:50 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, congratulations

Here's to the next 25
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:54 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Some people won the VC for less,you are a lucky man Soaps,mind you ahem ALL nurses are heroes
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:08 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
25 Years ago tomorrow I remember standing next to Pauline, we were both standing at the altar and I was shit scared. What would life hold for us?
It was in the 80? And the future looked dismal to say the least.
People were out of work everywhere and it didn’t look like it was going to get any better.
Most of my friend had never worked after leaving school and no sign of ever doing so.
Being so young most people said it would never last.
After a few weeks we managed to get our first rental. It was a shithole but we made it home as best we could. Our first was born and we struggled finically for a long time. But we were happy!
After a year or so we managed to get our first council house. Then came our second child. A few years later we had our third.
We always felt we were fighting to survive.
Pauline had always wanted to go and get a better education; she felt she had missed out on marrying and having the kids so young. She could see that we would be stuck in the same place forever if something didn’t change. I thought I was doing the right thing and working my arse off to keep us all going.
After about 10 years of marriage we managed to get our first holiday together. Family and friends looked after the kids while we both went off to find each other. It was an eye opener for both of us, because we wondered if spending a couple of weeks together without kids or work to distract us we might not even like each other.
We had a great time and really found the reason why we were still together. Not only did we love each other, but we still liked each other. The holiday was exactly what we both needed. We both came back with a better outlook to our lives.
Pauline had nagged me for years for her to train as a midwife. I couldn’t see how it would work, because someone had to look after the kids. She came up with a plan for our future.
I would give up work and she would train. That meant I was to become a househusband!
To be very honest we had nothing to lose. My job was going nowhere and the money was pish, so I gave in.
It was tough and when i say tough. I mean it was the poorest we had ever been. It was a struggle to feed us all at times and paying bills was a killer, but we struggled through. Pauline had a goal and she was determined to finish it. It meant she had to do other work while training to feed us. At times this was taking its toll on Pauline. Trying to study and work 12 hour shifts was really hard on her.
After four years of training she finally passed all her exams and graduated. Now all she needed was a job. She had to sweat it out for a few months.
There’s only a few times in our life when I have sat and thought “what the fk have we done”
Pauline had had an interview and was waiting to hear back. They told her she would hear by 6 that day. The council had been chasing us for rent. So the deal was. We could only pick up the phone if it was the hospital for Pauline. Thank gawd for caller display lol
The phone rang and it was the hospital to tell Pauline she had the job. 5 mins later the council called and we told them they would be getting the rent in a month lol. That’s how hard it was for us. After about 2 years we had cleared all our debt and the future looked rosy. The kids were a bit older and i could go back to work. Before too long we had bought our first house and we really did feel content for the first time in our lives. We had bought an older house that needed a lot of work so we began renovating it. While doing this we had started on the road to Australia. Any money made from the house would fund our Australian adventure. I had changed my job and i was also working for myself. After five years of planning our visas arrived. Financially for once we were pretty well off. People thought it was mad and that we would never go through with it. Well the rest is history and can be read in any of our updates if you want to search for them.
Anyone who knows us will know that Pauline deserves more than a medal for putting up with my pish this long.

So tomorrow I will turn to Pauline just like I did to that wee lassie at the altar and think.......... What will life hold for us?
Only this time I won’t be scared!

I consider myself very lucky; I can look back at all our hardships and know they are part of our growth. It has made us stronger, more determined and what we are today. We have 3 fantastic young adults that we love to bits and we are very happy.
We you have someone as strong as Pauline by your side you know you can achieve everything.
LOVE is not a strong enough word to describe how I feel about her.
She is my rock and my soul mate.

Pauline, when you read this, and I know you will (because you’re nosey) can I just say thanks for the last 25 years of laughs, good, hard times, my kids and you.

I LOVE YOU

Omg what can I say to this!
Thanks for the last 25 yrs you auld soppy git. Hopefully we can make to 50 now that would be something.
Love always Paulinexxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ps aint it just great between updates and this my whole life is on BE
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:29 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Ya big sook

Well Done
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:32 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

how lovely! xxx

Em x
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Blimey, this has brought tears to my eyes
You are both lucky people to have each other
Heres to another 25 years
Jacqui
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:06 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm me still thinks the soapster is looking to buy some 'boys toy' real soon and is piling up the brownie points,be careful Pauline
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

OK, what have you done with the real Soapy?

Happy Anniversary to you both
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:22 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Congratualtions to you both.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Happy silver anniversary!!!!
Looking forward to mine in a few years- won't get a tribute that good tho'
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy

Omg what can I say to this!
Thanks for the last 25 yrs you auld soppy git. Hopefully we can make to 50 now that would be something.
Love always Paulinexxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ps aint it just great between updates and this my whole life is on BE
Hope you don't have sex too often

Congrats guys, Hope you have even more fun in the next 25
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

That was lovely Soapy.
It sounds a lot like our lives except that I'm still studying and we're still waiting for the bit where we're financially flush, but hey you've got five years on us. Congratulations. So glad you can look back on it all with pride.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:53 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

That was a really beautiful read, Soapy. Congratulations on finding the right person all those years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.