Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

23 Things that make a Bloke feel Like a Real Man

23 Things that make a Bloke feel Like a Real Man

Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:42 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 23 Things that make a Bloke feel Like a Real Man

God that's good....

<downs pint in one gulp, wipes mouth on arm, belches and strides off swinging hammer from belt, revving hammer drill ... >
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
24: cutting yourselves with the stanly knife and using electrical tape to stop the bleeding, and using the tape for everything else except for what it is actually for.

You've met my OH then?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:55 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
24: cutting yourselves with the stanly knife and using electrical tape to stop the bleeding, and using the tape for everything else except for what it is actually for.
Lol that is so true
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Santos
3, DOING A PROPER SLIDE TACKLE - Beckham free kicks? Gay. A Stuart Pearce tackle is the pinnacle of the game, simultaneously winning the ball and crippling the man. Magic.
12, KICKING A FOOTY AGAINST A GARAGE DOOR - Clang-g-g-g-g-g-! Stitch that becks, I kick so hard I set off car alarms.
I think you need to change those to a real man's sport. Footie is so GAY.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

7, HAVING A THIN BIT OF WOOD - in the shed, solely to stir paint with.
Jeez- I have stacks of these. Now I've found a use!
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

8, HAVING A SCAR - Ideally it'll be a facial knife wound, but even an iron burn on the wrist is good. "Ooh, did it hurt". "Nah".
They are all very funny but that one made me laugh out loud
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Santos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I think you need to change those to a real man's sport. Footie is so GAY.
That's fighting talk where I come from!

What do you suggest? Pulling tractors with your teeth?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Santos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant futureSantos has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
They are all very funny but that one made me laugh out loud
What's an iron?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:47 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

That's fighting talk where I come from!

What do you suggest? Pulling tractors with your teeth?
Stangely enough. now you mention it: that was one of the pussy events at the local young farmers rallies
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

dolliedimples has a spectacular aura aboutdolliedimples has a spectacular aura aboutdolliedimples has a spectacular aura about

Ladies don't shoot the messenger, a female friend just emailed me this:-

23 things that make a bloke feel like a real man

1, OPENING JARS - nnng, she's struggling. You take it from her hands, open it effortlessly and pretend she loosened it for you. She didn't. Jars are men's work.

2, CALLING SOMEONE 'SON' - Especially policeman but even saying it to kids makes you the man.

3, DOING A PROPER SLIDE TACKLE - Beckham free kicks? Gay. A Stuart Pearce tackle is the pinnacle of the game, simultaneously winning the ball and crippling the man. Magic.

4, SHARPENING A PENCIL WITH A STANLEY KNIFE - Blunt, is it? Hand it here love. No, I don't need a sharpener, you think I can't whittle.

5, GOING TO THE TIP - A manly act which combines driving, lifting and as you thrillingly drop your rubbish into another huge pile of other rubbish. noisy destruction = man.

6, DRINKING UP - Specifically, rising from the table, slinging your coat on and downing two thirds of a pint in one fluid movement. Then nodding towards the door, saying, "Let's go" and striding out while everyone else struggles to catch up with you. God, you're hard.

7, HAVING A THIN BIT OF WOOD - in the shed, solely to stir paint with.

8, HAVING A SCAR - Ideally it'll be a facial knife wound, but even an iron burn on the wrist is good. "Ooh, did it hurt". "Nah".

9, HAVING A HANGOVER AND THICK STUBBLE - When birds have been partying they just whinge. You, on the other hand have physical evidence of your hardness, sprouting from your face. "Big night?" Grrrrr, what does it look like.

10, NODDING AT COPPERS - A moments eye contact is all it takes for you to share the unspoken bond. "We've not seen eye to eye in the past", it says "but someone's got to keep the little scrotes in line".

11, USING POWER TOOLS - slightly more powerful than you need or can safely handle. Pneumatic drilling while smoking a fag? Superb.

12, KICKING A FOOTY AGAINST A GARAGE DOOR - Clang-g-g-g-g-g-! Stitch that becks, I kick so hard I set off car alarms.

13, ARRIVING IN A PUB LATE... and everyone cheers you. It doesn't mean you're popular, it just means your mates are pissed. However, the rest of the pub doesn't know that.

14, NOT WATCHING YOUR WEIGHT - fat is a feminist issue, apparently. Brilliant. Pass the pork scratchings.

15, CARVING THE ROAST - and saying "are you a leg or breast man" to the blokes and "do you want stuffing" to the women. Congratulations, you are now your dad.

16, WINKING - turns women to putty. Doesn't it?

17, TEST SWINGING HAMMERS - ideally, B&Q would have little changing rooms with mirrors so you could see how rugged you look with any DIY item. Until then, we'll make do with the aisles.

18, TAKING OUT £200 FROM A CASHPOINT - okay, so its for paying the plumber later but with that much cash you feel like a mafia don. The only thing better is peeling notes off the roll later.

19, PHONE CALLS THAT LAST LESS THAN A MINUTE - unlike birds, we get straight to the point. "alright? Yep. Drink? Red lion? George, it is then. Seven. See ya."

20, PARALLEL PARKING - bosh, straight in. first time. Can Schumacher do that? No, because his cars got no reverse gear which, technically, makes you the worlds best driver.

21, HAVING EARNED THAT PINT - Since the dawn of time, men have toiled in the fields in blistering heat. Why? So, when it's over we can stand there in silence, surveying our work with one hand resting on the beer gut while the other nurses a foaming jug of ale. Aaaah.

22, HAVING SOMETHING PROPERLY WRONG WITH YOU - especially if you didn't make a fuss. "Why was I off, nothing much, just a brain haemorrhage".

23, KNOWING WHICH SCREWDRIVER IS WHICH - "a Phillips? For that? Are you mad,bint?"
Oh my god..you have just so totally described my OH...this is goin on the fridge door...brilliant
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Stangely enough. now you mention it: that was one of the pussy events at the local young farmers rallies
Did you have a go?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

dolliedimples has a spectacular aura aboutdolliedimples has a spectacular aura aboutdolliedimples has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Clippies
That did make me laugh out loud - fantastic
Me too, sat here gigglin to myself coz thats just so my OH..except Id need to add re-arranging his bollocks and scratching his arse to the list..hee hee!!
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dolliedimples
Me too, sat here gigglin to myself coz thats just so my OH..except Id need to add re-arranging his bollocks and scratching his arse to the list..hee hee!!
It's essential we have to check nothings fallen off at least once every five minutes.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:27 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dolliedimples