Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

2010 A league Grand Final

2010 A league Grand Final

Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2010 A league Grand Final

5th one coming up on Saturday at Etihad (Docklands Stadium).... Melbourne in for the 2nd year running and for the 3rd time since the formation of the A league.

Time 7pm.... brought back an hour so Melbourne can get to the Airport for 1am flight to Korea for an ACL champions league game on Tuesday.

MV finally full strength which should mean they really are favorites this time around, against a very useful Sydney team..... Aloisi their star striker is supposedly out.... I reckon they are playing mind games.... Game will be played in rectangular set up stadium as the seats are being moved in. Sold out already... so 51,000 plus turning up... 3,000 tickets sold to Sydney supporters.

Game will be shown around the world... it's on at 8am in the UK on the Saturday morning.

I've had a bit of murphy's law luck, and have the worst heavy cold in years.... so have been of sick since Tuesday night.... feels worse today than ever. Hopefully it wont stop me following the planned Itinerary. Tips that actually clear this crap through my system as quickly as possible will be gratefully appreciated. ... Living on Lemsip at present

1.00 pm our friends another couple who we go to away games with... turn up at our place for a very liquid BBQ...... 3.30pm up to Tram... drinks in hand for a 30 minute trip into the city. Start pub crawling from Elizabeth up Bourke or Collins toward the Great Western hotel and Colonial hotels and other close by pubs where the ranks will mass..

Then 6.00 pmish stand and spectate as this lot do their thing.... whilst we tag along either in front on the side or way behind..... preferably WAY in front I would say.

City will be blocked around Spencer st for about an hour around 5.30 through to 6.30 pm.

Aint it great to have something really good sporting wise to look forwards to, savouring every minute at present.

No Atmosphere in Aus sport eh ?

COME ON MELBOURNE

Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

TrentEnd will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2010 A league Grand Final

Come on Sydney!!!!!!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:18 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Ireland!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrentEnd
Come on Sydney!!!!!!

You Bugger.... you too Burb !

Thats an extra 2 goals now
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

OK, I predict Melbourne 2 Sydney 3.

Bearing in mind that as I type, i've had a few...
Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Yes!!!!!!

Isn't Kevin Muscat a particularly unpleasant human being? Discuss.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes!!!!!!

Not so bad when he is playing for your team.

One of the most influential players on his own team members that I've seen in my years as as a football follower.... possibly the most.

Could make a great Manager
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Not so bad when he is playing for your team.

One of the most influential players on his own team members that I've seen in my years as as a football follower.... possibly the most.

Could make a great Manager
Yeah, I suppose so - all of that is true. He's just a snarling, whinging, nasty bugger on the field.

So, do you think Sydney deserved it?
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah, I suppose so - all of that is true. He's just a snarling, whinging, nasty bugger on the field.

So, do you think Sydney deserved it?
Not on penalties, certainly not. The only area where Sydney were definitely superior was in Coaching and the resulting setup.. Although on that basis I wont complain about the result.

I think the Sydney support was tremendous.

A replay would have been the fairest result.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 12:49 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Penalty shoot out. Sounds like another gripping soccer match.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:56 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

It made my bloody night when he missed his penalty in the shoot out. He is up near the top in my list of players I cannot stand.

Yes!!!!!!

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Penalty shoot out. Sounds like another gripping soccer match.

First goal scored would be a better rule.... makes for more attacking in the early stages of the game, and all out attack for the team drawing towards the end of the game.

Penalty shootouts ... the worst system for deciding a game ever.

Not sour grapes either. I've always hated them, even when my team has benefited from them... Like in the playoffs for Palace v Sunderland about 5 years back.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:16 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
First goal scored would be a better rule.... makes for more attacking in the early stages of the game, and all out attack for the team drawing towards the end of the game.
That would liven things up a bit. Especially in the world cup 1st round which tends to bring out defensive strategies.