Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

13 year old UK boy fathers baby

Wikiposts

13 year old UK boy fathers baby

Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 13 year old UK boy fathers baby

Originally Posted by bigAPE
What the world is coming too

She'll be on £29,000 a year in benefits when she hit's 16. Providing the government endorses this, I would bag that this isn't the last we will see of these sort of stories. That's a good wage for a 16 year old girl, kids of not.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...80_732314a.jpg

Hey at least they will all be able to appreciate the fine points of Sponge Bob together.
Christ - he looks young.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:26 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
I wish I could be so judgemental as you lot are!

Maybe they had a shit upbringing like me!? After all I must be 'trash' to have had a baby so young. No wonder most young mothers give their babies up for adoption when society brands them all the same. I didn't realise we still lived in the 1800's

If your kids came home at 13 -14 - 15 -16 whatever, would you turn them away? or would you support them? I bet you wouldn't blame the parents and their upbringing
There was a couple at my school who became parents at 14 they did a great job with the support of there families, If my daughter(s) came home and told me they were pregnant at a young age i would support them in what ever they choose to do.

When i fell pregnant at 21 i was a mess was looking into abortion my mum was my rock she supported me so much i now have a beautiful 6 year old 21 isnt 15 but it was a shock it brought us closer together
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I wish I could be so judgemental as you lot are!

Maybe they had a shit upbringing like me!? After all I must be 'trash' to have had a baby so young. No wonder most young mothers give their babies up for adoption when society brands them all the same. I didn't realise we still lived in the 1800's

If your kids came home at 13 -14 - 15 -16 whatever, would you turn them away? or would you support them? I bet you wouldn't blame the parents and their upbringing
Invariably it appears now that after initial anger, most parents do seem to support their kids and providing the unit is robust things are not too disastrous. My mother who had a nice line in commentary with the wise head on her shoulders used to say that women who mother young are actually doing it at an age where biologically they are best for it - she meant 18ish I think though.

Yet 50-60 year olds bring home babies when they may not be around that much longer themselves. Obviously they are a lot wiser and independent..
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
There was a couple at my school who became parents at 14 they did a great job with the support of there families, If my daughter(s) came home and told me they were pregnant at a young age i would support them in what ever they choose to do.

When i fell pregnant at 21 i was a mess was looking into abortion my mum was my rock she supported me so much i now have a beautiful 6 year old 21 isnt 15 but it was a shock it brought us closer together
I had the full support of my Mum, and I am so glad that I had it. It would have been a lot tougher without it I'm pretty sure. My Dad gave me the option of you get rid of it or I don't see you again...well there was no contest.

As for my step dad, he was so strict that I got grounded at 19 years old (with a 5 year old!) for not being home before midnight (I was working until 10pm and then went out for a beer - it was a Friday) I was grounded for a month so being strict didn't stop me from having sex. But it must be my parents fault, after all what did I know I was only a kid

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Invariably it appears now that after initial anger, most parents do seem to support their kids and providing the unit is robust things are not too disastrous. My mother who had a nice line in commentary with the wise head on her shoulders used to say that women who mother young are actually doing it at an age where biologically they are best for it - she meant 18ish I think though.

Yet 50-60 year olds bring home babies when they may not be around that much longer themselves. Obviously they are a lot wiser and independent..

In a lot of cultures people who are 14, 15 and 16 have kids. Some are married at that age - what make the British feel that just because they say you're not ready until you are 16 or over they are right? it's pure arrogance.

If you look at it purely from a nature point of view, as soon as you menstruate you can be a mother and as soon as you can ejaculate you can be a father.

I think having kids into your 60's is all well and good, but if you have to do it artificially then you shouldn't be going there because nature just thinks your too old!

And just for the record (not for you Badge ) I have never said that it's right for this particular couple to have kids, all I wanted to point out is that you shouldn't judge other people until you know the full story and indeed the people involved. It's not up to any of us to judge these people for anything, and never believe everything you read in the paper - everyone says it, but only takes the advice when it suits their opinions!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't want to complicate matters but just because the News of the World says the girl was sleeping with up to 8 other kids doesn't actually mean she was. Some of them are possibly jumping on their own 15 minutes of fame as well.

Why are people so shocked? Children of 112 and up have been having babies since time immemorial. Nothing to do with bad parenting or what they should or shouldn't know, it's a fact of life. Not ideal obviously but hardly new. The only thing worth the publicity (if I was a media bod) would be the fact the lad looks so young.

Many so called adults, with an education, are known to think that just doing it once will be fine and not result in a pregnancy.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Great posts Wendy and Moneypen.

I hate the publicity around this and feel it is ruining these kids lives.

Before we judge either of them, please remember that promiscuous behaviour is usually the result of low self esteem. It is heartbreaking to think a young girl has to sleep with guys to feel good about herself. It doesn't mean she is a scrubber. Labelling her as such will just perpetuate the behaviour - she may as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb....
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

onceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to all

"Don't want to complicate matters but just because the News of the World says the girl was sleeping with up to 8 other kids doesn't actually mean she was."

Hang on, are you for one minute suggesting that the News of the World (the last bastion of truth and justice in the british media) is (sharp intake of breath) LYING.

You'll be telling me next that the Sunday Sport story about the London bus on the moon wasn't true either....
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onceinalifetime
"Don't want to complicate matters but just because the News of the World says the girl was sleeping with up to 8 other kids doesn't actually mean she was."

Hang on, are you for one minute suggesting that the News of the World (the last bastion of truth and justice in the british media) is (sharp intake of breath) LYING.

You'll be telling me next that the Sunday Sport story about the London bus on the moon wasn't true either....

Nah, did you read that it was a scam in the daily mail? surely it's true and all the other papers are just jealous so want to discredit them!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You know the Tooth Fairy? Well.......................................
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

onceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to all

"You know the Tooth Fairy Well?"

Actually I was out having a coffee with her earlier, how did you know? Bloody hell, I signed up for BE, only to find out it was a bit like going behind the iron curtain and that every movement would be monitored. Was it you with the telephoto lens in the bushes?
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

"a scam in the daily mail"

Ah, now I forgot about the Daily Mail, another bastion of objectivity, honesty, and sincerity. Actually, according to Wikipedia, there are nine types of bastion, my money's on the Mail falling into the ' deformed bastion' category...
Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

"You know the Tooth Fairy Well?"

Actually I was out having a coffee with her earlier, how did you know? Bloody hell, I signed up for BE, only to find out it was a bit like going behind the iron curtain and that every movement would be monitored. Was it you with the telephoto lens in the bushes?
You wouldn't be slightly paranoid would you
Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

wotacarryon has a brilliant futurewotacarryon has a brilliant futurewotacarryon has a brilliant futurewotacarryon has a brilliant futurewotacarryon has a brilliant futurewotacarryon has a brilliant futurewotacarryon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Great...but you would agree that any child of 13 would be too young to give informed consent to sex, right? Because if you're arguing that a hypothetical 13 YO is old enough to know and decide when sex is inappropriate/would have bad consequences, you're also arguing that the same child could also know when sex would be appropriate/not risky...which is not smth that many would agree with!

Hey! John Major must be really pleased - we're on the way to Victorian Values. Now all we need is cholera, transportation and chimney sweeps, and we'll be right back where he wanted us.
Gawd somebody else has heard of John Major .
14 stone , looked good in a suit , played a bit of cricket with a straight bat .
Could do with him in the West Indies right now .
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Weird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really nice

These two have really shown how immature they truly are. They didn't own up to the pregnancy immediately and seek appropriate help. It is my personal opinion that if you cannot afford to have a child you shouldn't have one, why should anyone else pay for your accessory and if you really want the child make damn sure your family will support you financially and emotionally (the boys dad clearly isn't doing this).

Before anyone jumps down my throat I know that mistakes happen or sometimes a child lacks common sense/intelligenence/maturity/education to understand the consequences, but that doesn't mean that we should just let it happen. But in today's world I find it hard to believe that a 14yr old doesn't have a vague understanding that if you spread your legs for 8+ boys without using contraception, sooner or later you are going to fall pregnant or catch something far worse.

If this had been a 14/15yr old boy with a 12year old girl we would be saying that even with apparent consent this is rape, as 14 year old does know that this is wrong.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:33 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

This is the little boys dad.... says it all. Toilet, swirling, UK society, Government funded dosser economy, etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.