Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

12 yr old boy present/money idea

12 yr old boy present/money idea

Old May 21st 2010, 12:27 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default 12 yr old boy present/money idea

My daughter is going to a party tomorrow - boy not a best friend but need to take something - was thinking money/voucher but how much? $10 - $15 too tight? Can't really think of a present as dont know him well.
Old May 21st 2010, 12:34 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: !2 yr old boy present/money idea

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
My daughter is going to a party tomorrow - boy not a best friend but need to take something - was thinking money/voucher but how much? $10 - $15 too tight? Can't really think of a present as dont know him well.
iTunes voucher... available EVERYWHERE. $10 is good. Keep it inexpensive.
Old May 21st 2010, 2:52 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: !2 yr old boy present/money idea

Thanks - that sounds great! - (oops realised on OH PC!)

Last edited by datamile; May 21st 2010 at 2:56 am.
Old May 21st 2010, 3:33 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 yr old boy present/money idea

I reckon a buxom 16 year old blonde cheerleader would be a hit present
Old May 21st 2010, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by ozzieeagle; May 21st 2010 at 3:54 am.
Old May 21st 2010, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

My 12 year old got mostly 30 bucks from his mates (although they are friends he has known for a long while) one of his mates gave him 50 bucks. The others got him things like Nerf Guns or PS2 games.... didnt matter if the PS2 games were second hand as long as they worked.

With the money he accumulated, he bought himself yet another couple of PS2 games

Tip you may get away with buying him Nerf Ammo (foam bullet things) circa 15 bucks... if he is into Nerf the way the kids are in the Northern Subs of Melbourne.

The Duplicate guns he got, he has tried to Mod as per youtube instructions... bloody things can fire 100 feet when modded.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; May 21st 2010 at 3:56 am.
Old May 21st 2010, 4:04 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I reckon a buxom 16 year old blonde cheerleader would be a hit present
I'll see if there are any available in Kmart

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
My 12 year old got mostly 30 bucks from his mates (although they are friends he has known for a long while) one of his mates gave him 50 bucks. The others got him things like Nerf Guns or PS2 games.... didnt matter if the PS2 games were second hand as long as they worked.

With the money he accumulated, he bought himself yet another couple of PS2 games

Tip you may get away with buying him Nerf Ammo (foam bullet things) circa 15 bucks... if he is into Nerf the way the kids are in the Northern Subs of Melbourne.

The Duplicate guns he got, he has tried to Mod as per youtube instructions... bloody things can fire 100 feet when modded.
OK I'm officially tight - might spend $50 on my own kids! Will look into other ideas
Old May 21st 2010, 4:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'll see if there are any available in Kmart

OK I'm officially tight - might spend $50 on my own kids! Will look into other ideas
I'd look at possible cultural difference

One kid did turn up with no present, however that didnt worry us too much. Although if we ever have one of those days, where we take the kids to Timezone, then we will make clear that he brings his own money, as we have been caught out with that before.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; May 21st 2010 at 4:08 am.
Old May 21st 2010, 11:01 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 12 year old (well, officially tomorrow) and a 13 year old and 15 bucks is about right in our circles!

One of my little girl's friend has just bought her a hermit crab for her birthday... not sure it will go down well with the landlord as I promised her faithfully no pets... why would you buy an animal of any sort for another persons child and not check with the parents?

And yes, I hate the idea of bloody hermit crabs as pets... we have plenty of crabs around here in Peregian.. just head down to the beach that we live 2 minutes walk away from! grrr!

Whinge whinge...

Em x
Old May 21st 2010, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
I have a 12 year old (well, officially tomorrow) and a 13 year old and 15 bucks is about right in our circles!

One of my little girl's friend has just bought her a hermit crab for her birthday... not sure it will go down well with the landlord as I promised her faithfully no pets... why would you buy an animal of any sort for another persons child and not check with the parents?

And yes, I hate the idea of bloody hermit crabs as pets... we have plenty of crabs around here in Peregian.. just head down to the beach that we live 2 minutes walk away from! grrr!

Whinge whinge...

Em x
Aw not to worry Ems it'll be dead in a few days

Seriously though a crab - it sits in a little tank, not like it's going to be pooing all over the house or digging up the garden (unless she lets it out in the garden?!!)
Old May 21st 2010, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

oh and I'd go with the $10 itunes, 'too easy'!! Or $15 in a card - my son's 11 and that's the kind of average spend
Old May 21st 2010, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shears
Aw not to worry Ems it'll be dead in a few days

Seriously though a crab - it sits in a little tank, not like it's going to be pooing all over the house or digging up the garden (unless she lets it out in the garden?!!)
Ah, I am just being moody as i didnt want her to have one... have to say that they look exceptionally cute... I can see why the little girls love them..

em x
Old May 21st 2010, 12:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go for an EB Games voucher personally. Most of the kids I know download music for free and avoid itunes anyway.
Old May 21st 2010, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by shears
oh and I'd go with the $10 itunes, 'too easy'!! Or $15 in a card - my son's 11 and that's the kind of average spend
I wonder if the difference is because we are in the epi-center of Meditteranean Ethnic Melbourne, where the kids really take center stage, and that 'tude has rubbed of slightly on the rest of the people around here.

It's an interesting difference in my view. I've had a difference of opinion with the wife on this subject in the past, and told her I though we were giving too much money as presents.... Until she pointed out what our kids usually get.
Old May 21st 2010, 2:17 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

I would have said $20 - $10 is a bit tight, different if you are buying a $10 present, but not giving it in a card!

My eldest is 12 next week, and $20 seems to be what gets given around here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.