Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

12 Year Old Stabbed to Death in Brisbanes Northside

Wikiposts

12 Year Old Stabbed to Death in Brisbanes Northside

Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 Year Old Stabbed to Death in Brisbanes Northside

Does the outback need that amount of rocks broken? I'm sure the Aborigine community would have issues with their ancient lands being devastated
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

hereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Does the outback need that amount of rocks broken? I'm sure the Aborigine community would have issues with their ancient lands being devastated
Hey, I'm easy. We can make concrete blocks for them to break if you like
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

We could send them to the UK.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

hereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
We could send them to the UK.
Transportation - I think someone tried that before and it ended up with the penal colony being a better place to live than the orginal country. Might have to rethink this...
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

There are still rumours that the Bulger murderers are living amongst us here in Australia with new identities. I think the UK still consider this to be a penal colony so any scum we can send back to the UK should be pursued with vigor.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:47 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Never mind breaking rocks - they can get to work digging the great Darwin-Adelaide canal... (solve penal issues AND water supply issues), or the Cairns- Brisbane canal, or the Kimberly-Perth canal etc etc... Imagine a network of biig deep water shipping canals criss-crossing the continent delivering water from the wet tropics down to the barren south AND allowing ships to get closer to the mines, pulling their heavy (and non-timecritical) cargo off roads and rails.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There are still rumours that the Bulger murderers are living amongst us here in Australia with new identities. I think the UK still consider this to be a penal colony so any scum we can send back to the UK should be pursued with vigor.
Those rumours have been confirmed untrue.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm I think that Jamie Bulger's killers *may* have failed the police checks.

Australia isn't keen on letting people in who have done time for more than a year so the UK asks can we send two sadistic, vile little shits to your island forever and set them up for life so they possibly go on and kill some of Australian residents and Oz says Yeah, Go on then... ?
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Louiseh86

Australia isn't keen on letting people in who have done time for more than a year so the UK asks can we send two sadistic, vile little shits to your island forever and set them up for life so they possibly go on and kill some of Australian residents and Oz says Yeah, Go on then... ?
It honestly defeats me that people still actually believe they are here.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:45 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Read this over coffee this morning ,I cant decide wether the press was actively hunting another Knife/school story or it just came up.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...17/2821707.htm
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:57 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hereandthere
I agree. In Britain the issue of knives in city schools and some provincial schools is totally out of control, and it will probably follow the US and be guns and metal detectors next. Australia has the chance to nip this in the bud by coming down savagely and publicly on any child who brings a weapon into school.
these additional extra harsh punishments weren't around back in the day when knives weren't feared in schools ...
Old Feb 16th 2010, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I notice there have been comments on and off forum of 'surprise' this happened in a private/catholic school.

I dont really understand it.

The worst case of mental abuse I have ever seen inflcted on kids happened in a very weathy family with 'professional' parents.

2 of my kids spent a year years in a private school, one of the most expensive in qld and the bullying although less violent as in pure thuggery, was just as prevalant although more on a verbal, mental abuse basis. Quiet abuse the sort that slips through the radar.

The school in question was a Catholic school, the fees usually in them are quite affordable and subsidised by State Education. The poorest of families can quite often afford the fees and many families in Catholic schools dont pay fees, they are in there on Social or Religious grounds. Dont get the 'gosh' it was a private school at all, why not at a private school?, same kids really.

One of my sons friends who left the State High and got into the Catholic college was shocked to find the standard of language used in the school, hardly what you would 'think' coming from a pretty massive State school, however the principal there ruled with a iron rod, and stuff like swearing/gum was detention.

Also, there was a knife incident at our kids state school, it never got into the paper, TV, all very hush hush, people in OZ are saying this only happens in america, no it doesnt it happens here too, but its not quite the medis fanfare the UK toots out. Sadly until now, I feel for both boys parents as I dont know what happened and probably never will.

Kids at that age are notoriously volatile, hormones, I can remember standing in my kitchen with 2 litres of iced water over my head!!! it took 2 seconds of lost control from a 15 year old, who was normally calm as a cucumber, all I had done was commented on his subject choices, teens snap and deeply regret their actions 3 seconds later.

Last edited by jad n rich; Feb 16th 2010 at 12:37 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:31 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

You missed a few bits out:
There are still rumours, started by sensationalist tabloid reporters, that the Bulger murderers are living amongst us here in Australia with new identities. I think the UK press still consider this to be a penal colony, because it's good for sales, so any scum we can send back to the UK should be pursued with vigor.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cresta57
You missed a few bits out:
There are still rumours, started by sensationalist tabloid reporters, that the Bulger murderers are living amongst us here in Australia with new identities. I think the UK press still consider this to be a penal colony, because it's good for sales, so any scum we can send back to the UK should be pursued with vigor.
Thanks for your editorial assistance!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:48 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Louiseh86

Theres no way the bulger killers are in OZ, theres no way the goverment would have let them in becasue if it was discovered there would be such as uproar from the Australian people it would cost the government a very large numbers of vote even an election. Why would the government do something that would be so unpopular with the voters just to help the UK get rid of a couple of its criminals.

Last edited by mohogony; Feb 16th 2010 at 1:54 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.