Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

12 points for speeding...

12 points for speeding...

Old May 3rd 2010, 9:17 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 points for speeding...

you had me going there Trigger...
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Very funny
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

iolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud of

still no sympathy. Only 12 points? Should have gone for the lovely red squares mate.
Old May 3rd 2010, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by benny the ball
Or..... drive at 60 in a 60 zone therefore able to stop when the light turns to amber before changing to red, get no points. This offer is open 365 days a year not just public holidays in NSW.
No points if you change your letters instead if a go.
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Originally Posted by DadAgain
drive through a traffic light at 71kph in a 60 zone (i.e. not ridiculously fast by anyones imagination) just as the light flips to red on a public holiday weekend in NSW - bingo 12 points and a 3 month ban.
Better a fine/points and a 3 month ban than being the cause of an accident and killing someone. All for the sake of getting to your destination 1 minute earlier.

Barney
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:48 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
...oh - and I learnt my lesson and will NOT holiday in NSW for a very very long time
Sweet. Could you ask all those other twats with QLD plates to piss off out of Sydney so I can park in the mornings. Ta.

As to speed limits - they were devised at a time when brakes worked like the ones on a pushbike and tyres had a similar lineage. The speed limits are ludicrously slow and I exceed them (out of built up areas) whenever possible. I commute 300kms a day to Sydney and back and have never been done because a) I know where the speed cameras are and b) the traffic cops always sit in exactly the same places making them easy to avoid. And for everything else, there's Trapster.

Driving Miss Daisy? Get the **** off the road and ride your bike instead.