1 week into....

Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:14 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1 week into....

my new job and its stressing me!!!

Is it normal to feel like a complete idiot one week into a job you've never done before?

I'm being shown loads of new stuff each and every day and now even the simplest of stuff is frying my brain.

Financial advisors have bloody legal documents, forms and reports in every conceivable form. At the moment everything might as well be written in Bengali

...here's hoping I won't feel a fraud for ever

Please tell me I'm not alone
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:19 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 week into....

Originally Posted by artep

Is it normal to feel like a complete idiot one week into a job you've never done before?

I'm being shown loads of new stuff each and every day and now even the simplest of stuff is frying my brain.

Financial advisors have bloody legal documents, forms and reports in every conceivable form. At the moment everything might as well be written in Bengali

Your not alone, there's loads of people loged on
Well 21 anyway
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:21 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Your not alone, there's loads of people loged on
Well 21 anyway
thanks
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice

No you are NOT alone with this.

Honestly by the end of the month you will definitely feel better.

I have had way too many jobs and in each and everyone I felt like a real thicko on the first week.

Everyone at your new job should understand that it's hard enough remembering people's names and which is there bloomin desk never mind which form is which!

Think of Homer Simpson when he becomes 'brainy' he forgets the simplest of words e.g. spoon.

My son is the same! When he's in the thick of it with Uni he goes around the houses trying to think of the silliest words. He's fine once his exams are over!

You'll soon know how everyone takes their coffee you'll be so bored!

Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:24 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Your welcome.
I know that put a smile on your face
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:25 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

OMG stop stressing, the more you stress the more the stuff won't go in.

This is exactly how I feel when I start learning something new. Each college course I have done I have felt like this part way through, like I am never going to get the hang of it, pass the exams, pass the practical assessments, feel like everyone else knows more than me and is better at it.

Don't put so much pressure on yourself, take a deep breath, write everything down, and ask them to go more slowly if they are going too fast for you.

You will get there, they had enough faith in your abilities to hire you, so have faith you will know what you are doing soon.

After all, you didn't get into a car on your first lesson and perform perfectly did you? And you can't run a marathon without training can you?

You'll look back in a month a wonder what you were so worried about.

Shirley x
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:29 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by remmie1
it's hard enough remembering people's names and which is there bloomin desk never mind which form is which!
...sheesh you're tellin' me!!

Cheers remmie
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:36 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by ub40fan
OMG stop stressing, the more you stress the more the stuff won't go in.

This is exactly how I feel when I start learning something new. Each college course I have done I have felt like this part way through, like I am never going to get the hang of it, pass the exams, pass the practical assessments, feel like everyone else knows more than me and is better at it.

Don't put so much pressure on yourself, take a deep breath, write everything down, and ask them to go more slowly if they are going too fast for you.

You will get there, they had enough faith in your abilities to hire you, so have faith you will know what you are doing soon.

After all, you didn't get into a car on your first lesson and perform perfectly did you? And you can't run a marathon without training can you?

You'll look back in a month a wonder what you were so worried about.

Shirley x

You're right...I know you are...and I ought to be more chilled . I just feel such a bloody bozo at times. I have sooooo many notes on my pc to help remind me where to find stuff. They have folders within folders within folders...if you know what I mean. Plus all the documents & files etc have instantly forgettable names!!...

I'm giving it a month..& if I don't feel a million times better I may start looking around again.

Thanks for your swift kick...
Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:27 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

hey stop beating yourself up... you've only bee in the job a week!!!!
Things will be fine, all jobs have loads to remember, but in different ways.

Im on my 3rd week now and have been on my own for quite a bit. It does get easier but there are still stupid questions that kill me and I have to say "Oh I dont know the answer to that but hang on and Ill ask one of the nurses."

You are a new employee and so people should help you as much as possible.
You'll be fine and I think you may need more than a month given the type of job you have gone for.

All the best
Ang