Transfer bds to uk

Old May 14th 2019, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

maxb1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transfer bds to uk

Dear all from the forum.
I would like to know if there is a possibility to send Bds to uk via less expensive way than the bank
not sure ... just a question
many thanks
Max
Old May 15th 2019, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Happyowner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transfer bds to uk

One way is to find someone who is buying a property on the Island and who is willing to give you Sterling in the UK for your Bajan Dollars in Barbados, which they can then use towards their purchase.

However, you would have to have a lot of trust between you of course , and transferring a large amount of money to someone else's account may be tricky, as you will be asked what the money is for by your bank. This method of getting money to the UK used to work, but I'm not at all sure it would now---------------the Banks are hot on Money Laundering.
Old May 15th 2019, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Happyowner is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course, you may only be talking a relatively small amount of money, so all the above will not apply. If so, I'm sorry I can't help-----------I'm too busy trying to get money into Barbados FROM the UK the cheapest way to enable me to live.
Old May 15th 2019, 7:23 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Same advice for almost everyone who asks on BE about remitting foreign currency - use a remitter such at TransferWise (I just checked, they do offer BBD), or one of the myriad of others, such as World First, XE, xoom, OandA, etc., etc.
Old May 15th 2019, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
Same advice for almost everyone who asks on BE about remitting foreign currency - use a remitter such at TransferWise (I just checked, they do offer BBD), or one of the myriad of others, such as World First, XE, xoom, OandA, etc., etc.
hi hi many thanks any one that u could recommend?
tranferwise not taking bds ..
please let me know if u have used some and if they working ... thanks
max
Old May 15th 2019, 8:44 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maxb1 View Post

hi hi many thanks any one that u could recommend?
tranferwise not taking bds ..
please let me know if u have used some and if they working ... thanks
max
Sorry, my mistake. I saw that TransferWise publishes BBD exchange rates, I hadn't realized that they don't deal the currency. It may be that other companies don't deal BBD either.

It looks like XE might actually deal BBD, but I have never needed to exchange BBD so I can't speak from personal experience or give you a recommendation.
Old May 15th 2019, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi many thanks for fast reply
actually I think the bds are not allowed to be change on line I guess only at bank and in Barbados
this because I was asking some suggestions at the forum ...
many thanks & regards
max