Solicitor for Wills

Old Jan 1st 2024, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

julesdoopydoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Solicitor for Wills

Good evening,

Has anyone used a local solicitor for writing a new will? Not overly complicated but assets both here and in the UK. Personal recommendations please. There seem to be lots of attorneys for such a small island, and if you believe everything you read in the news... well!! Not all are great. Want someone who doesn't work solely on island time, ie, want the job done within a reasonable time line!

Thanks!
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 9:41 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Solicitor for Wills

I am in a similr situation. I have serious legal representation in the UK, they wrote my will and was advised that they could write it in plain english which though not as bullet proof as a uk standard, will be difficult to challenge and should be the same globally, but in that case get it scanned by a local solicitor in Grenada, or alternatively make the will specific to global assets except any residing within grenada [where i live some of the time and have a house.]

In the end, as the only asset in Grenada was the house, it was simpler to have the grenada exclusion in the will, full force uk will, and separately have the house in grenada owned in a manner that whoever survives becomes the owner without further process.
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 9:46 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Remember a will that is written in clear unambiguous english, properly witnessed, is unlikely to be a problem, the only weasel words are those related to handling trusts, and also the statement that effectively says, if the laws change, and it is advantageous to the beneficiaries to do so because of this, they can change the terms. There was a US will which was just 'all to mama' visually witnessed by the guys brother , and it couldnt be broken...
Old Jan 30th 2024, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Wharfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Jules, a will can be as simple or complicated as you want. Depending on where you assets are located, the executor of your will still needs to get probate in either one or multiple jurisdictions (assuming they are all using the same official language), if not it will start soon very complicated for the executor. My advise would be to really figure out want you would like to achieve, before start asking open ended questions towards a professional looking for billable hours!