Social services job

Old Aug 9th 2013, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

vsaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Social services job

I am a Social Worker, and i have a hard time knowing where to apply for a job in Barbados. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Any agency or company that need social workers?
Old Aug 11th 2013, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

birthdaygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Social services job

Unfortunately, in Barbados there are more social work graduates than there are job opportunties. You can contact government agencies such as the Welfare Department, Child Care Board, National Disabilities unit, prison service etc, but like most countries there is a recession and government organization are not currently taken on new staff, but trying desperately to retain their current staff.

You can also contact: E Humphrey Walcott Blding, Cnr Collymore Rock and Cullendon Road, St Michael 467 4400, this department deals with all social work vacancies, you will need to register. However, do not expect to much, even when a vacancies arises you are often not notified, better going directly to social work department. Based on personal experience.