Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Short Term Rental Accommodation

Short Term Rental Accommodation

Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Hypnotic is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Short Term Rental Accommodation

Hi,

I know it's a long way off, but I am asking now so that I can prepare. I am hoping to spend the Christmas period 2011 in Barbados. There are two reasons one is for the break and to experience Christmas somewhere else. The second is that I am hoping to have received my Citizenship by then and will be doing some fact finding so that I can relocate.

My question is about accommodation...as it is Christmas time everything online is expensive and I am asking if anyone knows of someone who rents out accommodation on a short term? I would prefer in Christchurch/St Michael but will consider any where else. It's just for one person from mid December to mid January.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks
Old Mar 6th 2011, 12:33 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short Term Rental Accommodation

unfortunately you are coming here at a usually expensive time. my suggestion might be to look at http://www.cariblist.com/barbados/vi...tal_search.asp. find a place and then try to work a deal with them based on the length of you stay and your plans.

hope you find what you are looking for.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 2:10 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hypnotique I have sent you a private message asking for further details etc as need to know more about what you are looking for to be able to advise.

As Sunnie says its high season Xmas and in August when Cropover occurs so it pays to ask around people that are on the island and is dependant on if you are looking for a room, an appartment or a house etc
Old Mar 6th 2011, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

AnthonyNYC has a spectacular aura aboutAnthonyNYC has a spectacular aura aboutAnthonyNYC has a spectacular aura about

As mentioned Cariblist is a great place to start. If you are willing to stay a few miles in land you will find some pretty good deals. I would also suggest local realtor's. I looked recently and found some pretty nice deals from private realtor's. Google realtor's in Barbados and search their private websites.

I personally like St Michael, closer to the West Coast. It was close to everything. Even if I did not have a car while down there, it would have been easy to move around with public transportation.

Anthony
Old Mar 6th 2011, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypnotic
Hi,

I know it's a long way off, but I am asking now so that I can prepare. I am hoping to spend the Christmas period 2011 in Barbados. There are two reasons one is for the break and to experience Christmas somewhere else. The second is that I am hoping to have received my Citizenship by then and will be doing some fact finding so that I can relocate.

My question is about accommodation...as it is Christmas time everything online is expensive and I am asking if anyone knows of someone who rents out accommodation on a short term? I would prefer in Christchurch/St Michael but will consider any where else. It's just for one person from mid December to mid January.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks
I've stayed at Alexandria House Guesthouse in Christ Church which is very close to the parish church (on the same road) and close to the main south coast bus route.

Their accommodation might suit you for the desired period but I'm not sure of your budget.

Is about 1/2 mile from the Oistins Fish Fry centre so is good for not having to cook.

Check their listing under barbados.org

You could also try the Pebble House which is in St Lawrence Gap which is closer in.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Mar 6th 2011 at 4:28 pm.