British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   shipping to Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/shipping-barbados-840967/)

rosalieapartments Aug 14th 2014 2:31 pm

shipping to Barbados

is anybody sending a container from UK to Barbados before the end of 2014 and wants to share the cost?

MARCUSH Aug 18th 2014 10:32 am

Re: shipping to Barbados

I'm shipping a small amount to Barbados- a couple of beds and some chairs. Its an awkward size- too big for a parcel but not enought for even half a container.
How much do you need to ship? Maybe we can split a load or consolidate?

rosalieapartments Aug 18th 2014 11:56 am

at the moment I want to send down 2 dishwashers but maybe more depends on what space is available in a container or as you suggest it is cheaper to consolidate.

MARCUSH Aug 18th 2014 12:13 pm

I may have to put my stuff in a crate which costs money, but does mean it can be packed tight. For example, you could stack two dishwashers on top of each other if we consolidated. Otherwise the shipping company want to charge per item.
Have you had a quote for yours yet?

rosalieapartments Aug 18th 2014 12:21 pm

I have been quoted about £75.00/dishwasher

MARCUSH Aug 18th 2014 12:33 pm

Ok. I am waiting for a quote for my stuff-I'll ask them how much more for two dishwashers and if it is worth doing.
Do you have any other otems or is it just that/

rosalieapartments Aug 18th 2014 12:51 pm

just that at the moment and if you need it the weight of each is 50kg and the size is 70x70x90cm

Sunniebgi Aug 18th 2014 2:26 pm

just a question.. wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy a dishwasher here..considering the voltage, conversion, etc etc.?? just wondering.. never prices one.. don't own one.. so..

rosalieapartments Aug 18th 2014 2:36 pm

these are built in models and you cant get them in Bim. voltage is no problem as UK is the same.

Sunniebgi Aug 18th 2014 3:26 pm

so you have 220 already set up.. and I'm confused about "built in" dishwashers.. aren't they all pretty much built in??? not trying to be difficult, just wondering.. not that I've never had one.. just haven't in Barbados.. and to my knowledge the ones I have slide into a space under a cabinet in the kitchen.. or are these specific sized ones?? smaller versions?? (which I find many UK appliances to be smaller than I'm used to..

rosalieapartments Aug 18th 2014 4:10 pm

Built in appliances are generally the same size as free standing but the fronts are adapted so you can attach the kitchen cabinet door to match the furniture.