shipping to Barbados

Old Aug 14th 2014, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

rosalieapartments is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping to Barbados

is anybody sending a container from UK to Barbados before the end of 2014 and wants to share the cost?
Old Aug 18th 2014, 10:32 am
Just Joined

MARCUSH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: shipping to Barbados

I'm shipping a small amount to Barbados- a couple of beds and some chairs. Its an awkward size- too big for a parcel but not enought for even half a container.
How much do you need to ship? Maybe we can split a load or consolidate?
Old Aug 18th 2014, 11:56 am
Just Joined

at the moment I want to send down 2 dishwashers but maybe more depends on what space is available in a container or as you suggest it is cheaper to consolidate.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

I may have to put my stuff in a crate which costs money, but does mean it can be packed tight. For example, you could stack two dishwashers on top of each other if we consolidated. Otherwise the shipping company want to charge per item.
Have you had a quote for yours yet?
Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

I have been quoted about £75.00/dishwasher
Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Ok. I am waiting for a quote for my stuff-I'll ask them how much more for two dishwashers and if it is worth doing.
Do you have any other otems or is it just that/
Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

just that at the moment and if you need it the weight of each is 50kg and the size is 70x70x90cm
Old Aug 18th 2014, 2:26 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

just a question.. wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy a dishwasher here..considering the voltage, conversion, etc etc.?? just wondering.. never prices one.. don't own one.. so..
Old Aug 18th 2014, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

these are built in models and you cant get them in Bim. voltage is no problem as UK is the same.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 3:26 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

so you have 220 already set up.. and I'm confused about "built in" dishwashers.. aren't they all pretty much built in??? not trying to be difficult, just wondering.. not that I've never had one.. just haven't in Barbados.. and to my knowledge the ones I have slide into a space under a cabinet in the kitchen.. or are these specific sized ones?? smaller versions?? (which I find many UK appliances to be smaller than I'm used to..
Old Aug 18th 2014, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Built in appliances are generally the same size as free standing but the fronts are adapted so you can attach the kitchen cabinet door to match the furniture.