Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Renting 40 ft container for storage

Renting 40 ft container for storage

Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

CARAPIL1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Renting 40 ft container for storage

Hi All,

Can anyone please advise on the price of renting a 40ft container for storing my personnal effects?

Thanks for any advice given.

Carapil1
Old Dec 27th 2010, 10:21 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting 40 ft container for storage

I think it varies but not much.. but it will depend on if it's a very good container (meaning one that will not leak) to one that's not so good. I'd recommend contacting Container Services but there are a number of places that rent them. Check the yellow pages and also the newspapers for adverts.

Originally Posted by CARAPIL1
Hi All,

Can anyone please advise on the price of renting a 40ft container for storing my personnal effects?

Carapil1
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CARAPIL1
Hi All,

Carapil1
Can't help on a 40ft container but I am currently paying $75 + VAT per week for a 20ft container from Container Services. This is a good solid container with ventilation.

Hope this helps.

Ian
Old Dec 29th 2010, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

CARAPIL1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot for the info.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

no2son is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by satellite_ian
Can't help on a 40ft container but I am currently paying $75 + VAT per week for a 20ft container from Container Services. This is a good solid container with ventilation.

Hope this helps.

Ian
How does it work with the container services? I am emigrating soon and until i have myself sorted I will have too much personal stuff/equipment to keep with me. I'm doubtful about storage as it has cost me a small fortune back here in the uk.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

I simply have a container in my garden with some of my effects in it until I have completed some renovations. The company brought the container to us and dropped it into the garden, we pay they leave it here....lol....

Ian
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

I simply have a container in my garden with some of my effects in it until I have completed some renovations. The company brought the container to us and dropped it into the garden, we pay they leave it here....lol....

Ian
Thanks Ian. So if you have somewhere to stick it like a piece of land then you are sorted. How secure are they as I would be living else where and would rather not feel like I had to go stay with the container day in day out
Old Jan 5th 2011, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by no2son
Thanks Ian. So if you have somewhere to stick it like a piece of land then you are sorted. How secure are they as I would be living else where and would rather not feel like I had to go stay with the container day in day out
I am happy with mine on my garden with a decent lock on it. The container itself would need to be opened with some sort of cutting tool - so would have to be a very determined crook. Having one with ventilation makes a great deal of difference to the stuff inside too.

Hope this helps

Ian
Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

I am happy with mine on my garden with a decent lock on it. The container itself would need to be opened with some sort of cutting tool - so would have to be a very determined crook. Having one with ventilation makes a great deal of difference to the stuff inside too.

Hope this helps

Ian
Yes it does. Thanks for the advice and I'll put it on the ever growing list of things I need to look into when i get over at Easter.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

sapphirerose127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope this helps.

Ian
Thanks to this advise, I managed to secure renting a 10ft container with Container Services via the shipping company I am using, from here in the UK. If all goes to plan they will drop off the container for us to use as storage in March, when hopefully all our household effects will have been shipped over.

Many Thanks.