Relocation to the UK

Old Sep 14th 2015, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

trish4397 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocation to the UK

Hi Expats

I wonder if anyone can help. Circumstances mean that I will need to relocate to the UK at the end of the year (December 2015). I am fairly sure the electrical things I have in Barbados will not work there, but I still need to ship my furniture and various other personal belongings back.

I am struggling to find any information regarding the transportation of items so I wondered if anyone could recommend a reliable firm that deals with this?

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Also, in terms of selling some of the items I would not be able to take back, is there a good place to do this?

Thanks...
Old Sep 15th 2015, 2:59 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation to the UK

HI Trish,

there are any number of shipping companies in Barbados.. I would check the phone book and start calling. Tropical Shipping, Eric Hassle and Son.. etc..

if you have a facebook page you can join several of the Buy Sell groups for Barbados.. you can also check with Davids Auctions in Black Rock if you want to go that route..

just giving some suggestions.. and good luck.

Sunniebgi
Old Sep 15th 2015, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Sunniebgi - I plan to start contacting the various shipping companies ... a day with the phone book, I think!

I do use Facebook but am not aware of any buy/sell groups - do you actually know of any that I could try?

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

Trish
Old Sep 15th 2015, 3:57 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

For the uk you need to talk to j p ram shipping who ship from london and wales to all the islands, about every week, but be careful, clearly 110 volt kit wont work and for anything that heats or ises a lot of juice you shouldnt try a transformer. Probably about 4k for a container.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 11:43 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Buy Sell Services Barbados is one (I run it actually.. this is not a plug and I make no money off of the site.. more of a headache than anything else..).. put it into your facebook search..
Old Sep 16th 2015, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks Bob ... I understand about the electrical goods and realise I would have to leave those things behind. I am not too keen on transformers
Old Sep 16th 2015, 12:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks Sunnie ... I will have a look for it on Facebook
Old Sep 16th 2015, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

acebritty is an unknown quantity at this point

hello. here are links to some buy / sell pages on fb which i frequent. hope its ok to post

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajan.marketplace246/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bajanmarketplace/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BarbadosSellYourStuff/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/395472207164977/
Old Sep 16th 2015, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks acebritty - that's really helpful
Old Sep 17th 2015, 4:48 am
Just Joined

caroldawn is an unknown quantity at this point

Trish, if you are selling a car I may be interested. pm me
Old Sep 17th 2015, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Sorry caroldawn, no vehicle to sell ...
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 4:00 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Also there is the traditional garage sale where you advertise in nation that you are selling stuff on a certain day