relocating back to UK

Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

rossandyve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default relocating back to UK

I am relocating back to the UK from Barbados and i need to just send a barrel containing some books clothes and computer parts. Everywhere we call only does shipping back to the uk if you need a full container. Can anyone give any suggestions on where i can go for this service. I would need a door to door service to go from barbados to London.

Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2010, 7:29 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: relocating back to UK

Originally Posted by rossandyve
I am relocating back to the UK from Barbados and i need to just send a barrel containing some books clothes and computer parts. Everywhere we call only does shipping back to the uk if you need a full container. Can anyone give any suggestions on where i can go for this service. I would need a door to door service to go from barbados to London.

Thanks
Are these worth more than the shipping cost ? If not why not sell these in Barbados and buy some new stuff in UK, tons of bargains around now.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

rossandyve is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Its personal things i have to bring back! Thanks anyway.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:00 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossandyve
Yes Its personal things i have to bring back! Thanks anyway.
Geest shipping do small barrels to the Caribbean, why not contact them and see if they could bring a barrel back to the UK for you, or suggest to you someone who can. http://www.geeshipping.co.uk/
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:44 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

just my take on this, but I think the problem is, we don't have a load of fresh barrels on this end. Most people pack crates and barrels overseas, ship them here full and discard them. The shipping companies don't have them, or wouldn't have them for the return trip. Sounds stupid, but just a thought on the whole process.

another thought is to check with the British High Commission and see if there is anyone returning back to the UK anytime soon who has space in a container.. you may have to wait for your items, but it might be the only way, unless you ship them box by box with the airlines.

Also.. call DHL or BA or Virgin to see if they have a cargo department who can ship smaller items than a full container load.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Foxy and I have a friend that got barrels here for intra-carribean shipping of personal effects...Foxy can probably find out for you!
Old Jan 8th 2010, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Oh yes, that's right. I'll ask and let you know.

Foxy
Old Jan 10th 2010, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

My friend got barrels from LaParkan and shipped with an independent guy. Not sure if LaParkan actually ships them, but you can ask.

Barrels were shipped with independent guy as mentioned above; office beside Chefette in Fontabelle, building next door in the back. Don't know the name.

Good luck.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

tng1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was also going to mention that Laparkan is very good for shipping, you can find number in yellow pages. Godd luck and all the best.