Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Recommendation For Gynaecologist

Recommendation For Gynaecologist

Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:56 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recommendation For Gynaecologist

Can anyone personally recommend a good Gynae on the South Coast - Had bad experiences with two so far (where is the human touch!!!) so me and the girls looking for expertise and a good bedside manner this time

Dipidy
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Re: Recommendation For Gynaecologist

This should prove interesting....
Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:10 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Dr. Maurice Smith at out Delware Cliinic on Jemmots Lane..

He is good at what he does, is a bit gruf and you have to sometimes be able to take him with a grain of salt..

He's been my gyno since I moved here 16years ago.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:49 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
Dr. Maurice Smith at out Delware Cliinic on Jemmots Lane..

He is good at what he does, is a bit gruf and you have to sometimes be able to take him with a grain of salt..

He's been my gyno since I moved here 16years ago.
Jemmots Lane - which part of island is that?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

I use Dr Scholar-Sheppard in Wildey (opposite Banks brewery) - very down to earth and easy to get along with, in my opinion.

She was also my OB when I had my baby, would certainly recommend her.

S
Old Mar 12th 2009, 5:16 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Jemmots Lane is just off Bay street. Drive along the southcoast road towards bridgetown. Pass Harbour Light on the left and at the next stop light (just before the Boatyard and town) go right, that's Jemmott's Lane. His office is closer to the Round-a-bout end on the right side of the road.

or.. go down Collymore rock. The stoplights at the top, head towards town past Purity Bakery to the round-a-bout. Turn left and the office is just past the first road on the left.

he delivered all 3 of my children (well nearly didn't deliver the 2nd.. but..made it in time).

I'll be honest.. there are several people in Barbados who don't like him, his manner, how he talks.. but.. he is straight forward and for me, knows what he is doing. He is "grandfathered" in to the OB/GYN profession in Barbados.. Meaning he is a certified doctor who worked with OB/GYN before the Barbados Government required a specific license.. but the man has about 6 children of his on and again, knows his stuff.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Mad Q is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
Can anyone personally recommend a good Gynae on the South Coast - Had bad experiences with two so far (where is the human touch!!!) so me and the girls looking for expertise and a good bedside manner this time

Dipidy
Dipidy

My partner is an OB-GYN doctor on maternity leave with me in Barbados -- she goes back to the UK on Monday for a few months back to work in the UK.

However she recommends Dr Juliet Skinner in Hastings for bedside manner and competence - she runs the IVF centre - but is still a registered OBGYN.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:41 pm

I would also recommend Juliet Skinner, but I you may find that she doesn't take new patients any longer. (I could be wrong, and it may be special cases)
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
I would also recommend Juliet Skinner, but I you may find that she doesn't take new patients any longer. (I could be wrong, and it may be special cases)
Thanks Mad - have also been recommended Nigel Best if anyone has any comments there let me know

Dips
Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:42 am
Just Joined

Mad Q is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
Thanks Mad - have also been recommended Nigel Best if anyone has any comments there let me know

Dips
She also reckons that for skills and competence - Hugh Thomas - but warned his bedside manner is not for most people!!!!