Ocean Park

Old Jun 27th 2009, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Ocean Park

This is really relevant to those of us who have kids and frequent Ocean Park.

I received a news letter from OP yesterday via email, the paragraph that caught my eye was entitled, "Shark and Stingray Exhibit Moving." By the time I had read to the end of the paragraph I discovered that it truly should have read, "Shark and Stingray Exhibit Being Eliminated." This is happening at the end of July!

I am peeved because I just plunked down membership fees for the entire year for my son and I at the beginning of May-- these exhibits (notwithstanding the playground and the Splash Zone) are the main reason that we go to and enjoy Ocean Park. So if you are thinking about joining--keep this in mind.

As one of my friends said yesterday, what else is there to see? I had heard rumor that they are adding dolphins, does anyone know anything about this?
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ocean Park

The dolphins thing is not going to happen anytime soon - they have been trying to get a permit for years but the people who the build dolphin parks are not keen on the location as it is too far from the sea. (I know this as we have also been looking into it for the Animal Flower Cave and the people involved are much happier about that location - nothing happening yet though due to economy etc...) Also getting permission from the govt is also an issue...

As for getting rid of the sting rays and sharks - total nonsense, why would they do that...?!?!?!?!?! Insane... Thanks for the heads up!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Shines do you know what is behind the hoarding where the Touch Pond used to be?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

They had opened that last time I was there, maybe a month or so ago...

The touch pool has gone and now it is an enclosed area with the iguanas in it wandering around a huge rock in the middle, a few pretty birds and one random tortoise... Have they boarded it up again?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

No the iguanas and birds and the turtle are there, I am turned around! It is the area just beyond the indoor aquarium building that I am thinking of.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

karibspices is an unknown quantity at this point

That is unfortunate as that was the best part.