Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Nursery Schools that are open in August???

Nursery Schools that are open in August???

Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Nursery Schools that are open in August???

Ours is closing August 8th, any in Christ Church or St. James or in between would be fantastic. Thanks!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:57 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursery Schools that are open in August???

nursery schools don't normally open for summer holidays unless they are running a camp. you may have to look for a day care.. in some cases you may ask "what's the difference?" I don't think there are many differences in Barbados, but..

I'm not sure if Padmore or Sunshine are open during the summer months but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Good luck.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Semantics aside...do you have contact information for either of those?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Hi you,

You need to look into summer camps, a lot of the schools/nurseries run them. Maybe just trawl through the phone book and make a few calls....

I know the yacht club do a sailing one, some of the riding stables do them too, maybe the aquatic centre have one? They may be a bit old for your little man though...

HTH a little maybe

S
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey shines, he is in camp which was originally slated to run to the end of August-- but now it has been cut short. Thanks though...
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

oh I see... Not sure of any others down your end of the Island, sorry babes!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am working in St. James and chef St. Peter...
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know Casa dei Bambini are doing a summer school the last week of August and beg of Spet I think, contact Angelique - [email protected], if that helps you at all.

Also the riding stables in St Andrew have a camp on but not sure what dates - contact 422 7433

Failing that here is yellow pages of all nursery/day care...http://www.yellowpages-caribbean.com...+care+centers/

Good luck!

S
Old Aug 19th 2008, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

sassy1112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zanne
Ours is closing August 8th, any in Christ Church or St. James or in between would be fantastic. Thanks!
Hi is it easy to find childcare in barbados, I am an experienced qualified british nanny moving to barbados to work as a creche manager later this year. I already run a nanny agency in england but am interested whether you feel there is any need for more childcare ie: nursery, creche or nannies? Any help is much appreciated.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

jasmin123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
there is a newly open nursery and pre-school. have a look at it as it is really good.
http://www.thecollegeforpreschoolers.com/

i put my son in there and he gets lots of attention, care and stimulation there. My son loves it!
I've seen so many scary nurseries where they just leave the children in their cots all day... 6weeks old babies with 2 year-olds...
this one is absolutely fantastic!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

ooh I like the look of that, shame it is in CC though as I am in St Lucy, but then I do drop my 4 yr old down near the south anyway!

I shall look further into it!

Thanks very much

S