Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough
Post Newbie

Hello all,

Have just joined this site with a view to getting some of my many questions answered about moving to Barbados.

I am going to have a good mooch around the forum to see what questions others have asked before I open my mouth too much. No point in upsetting those of you who have already given out valuable information by getting you to repeat yourselves again lol.

But basically I am a UK citizen who is looking to move here to be with a wonderful Bajan woman. In order to earn a crust I will expect to do freelance work overseas from here simply using Barbados as a base in my down time. Unless anyone here is looking to broadcast some live television pictures.... in which case I am your man!!

Right that's enough waffle from me for now... hope to be around and about the site and the island so am sure I will catch up with some of you soon.

Ian
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:36 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie

Hi Ian,

Welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy using the site.

Sue
Old Oct 14th 2009, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Welcome, Ian. You'll find a lot of topics covered through the many threads in this forum, but don't be shy to ask about something that was discussed a while back - sometimes the rules change between postings.

There are a ton of helpful people here in the Barbados forum who are more than willing to share their stories & experiences. Good luck to you!

Foxy
Old Oct 15th 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

karibspices is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell me more about your broadcast work. I know someone who might be able to use your skills.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

Hi

I am a communications engineer by trade, have been doing television satellite transmission for about 14 years now. Have done sporting events eg Cricket, football and lots of news eg bbc in UK and wars in iraq and afghanistan for international clients. Also stuff like Miss World competions and major business events such as product lauches.

I have made contact with a few people locally here in Barbados but any other contacts definately not going to be sneezed at. Thanks.

Ian
Old Oct 26th 2009, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

saints is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Newbie

Originally Posted by satellite_ian
Hello all,

Have just joined this site with a view to getting some of my many questions answered about moving to Barbados.

I am going to have a good mooch around the forum to see what questions others have asked before I open my mouth too much. No point in upsetting those of you who have already given out valuable information by getting you to repeat yourselves again lol.

But basically I am a UK citizen who is looking to move here to be with a wonderful Bajan woman. In order to earn a crust I will expect to do freelance work overseas from here simply using Barbados as a base in my down time. Unless anyone here is looking to broadcast some live television pictures.... in which case I am your man!!

Right that's enough waffle from me for now... hope to be around and about the site and the island so am sure I will catch up with some of you soon.

Ian
Old Oct 26th 2009, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

hi everyone,

am new to the game,so am going to need a lot of help and info.
as it is,i am looking to move to the island in a couple of years,and i will be self sufficient when i do move. so i hope everything will be ok.

would be "over the moon" if i get lots of info to help me.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:37 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Site Saint

There are so many posts that hold information that it will be worth you having a good read through.

Can i just point out to everyone though that we have a new government in place the last few years and they have tabled changes to the immigration policies so previous threads may well now be outdated. The latest policy changes have not yet been approved but i already think that the immigration department is utlising them as yard sticks.

The types of changes include marriage, citizenship, birth rights, residency status etc
Old Oct 31st 2009, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

trhanks serendipidy,
i will be retired when i get to the island,so i hope getting to stay "forever" will be a lot easier.(hope !!!)