British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Need help with "moving plan" ;) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/need-help-moving-plan-%3B-442122/)

Belinda1974 Apr 14th 2007 10:54 am

Need help with "moving plan" ;)

Hello,
I followed discussions here for several weeks and there were many helpful postings.
I am planning to move to Barbados next year and I am now collecting infos about all.
My daughter (10yrs) is at her last year of primary school here in Austria, with beginning in September she will start in the local secondary school. Since we plan to move to Barbados next summer, she will have to attend secondary school there too. Unfortunately I didnt find much information about the "best" schools for non-nationals, the only school I found and seems good is the St. Winifred School.
Could anybody (who recently moved to Barbados) help me little bit? How did you start (ok first we need a job, and it looks good at the moment that I will know in September if this works out), how about renting houses there, any tipps which is the best way to get a reasonable house?
School: Would you recommend St. Winifred, or any other school?
Insurance: do you need to insure yourself or will you get it with the jobs?

Any other tipps would be great, I would be thankful for any "step-by-step" experience :)

Thanks in advance!!!!
Belinda

wofbart Apr 16th 2007 9:46 am

Re: Need help with "moving plan" ;)

Originally Posted by Belinda1974 (Post 4640657)
Hello,
I followed discussions here for several weeks and there were many helpful postings.
I am planning to move to Barbados next year and I am now collecting infos about all.
My daughter (10yrs) is at her last year of primary school here in Austria, with beginning in September she will start in the local secondary school. Since we plan to move to Barbados next summer, she will have to attend secondary school there too. Unfortunately I didnt find much information about the "best" schools for non-nationals, the only school I found and seems good is the St. Winifred School.
Could anybody (who recently moved to Barbados) help me little bit? How did you start (ok first we need a job, and it looks good at the moment that I will know in September if this works out), how about renting houses there, any tipps which is the best way to get a reasonable house?
School: Would you recommend St. Winifred, or any other school?
Insurance: do you need to insure yourself or will you get it with the jobs?

Any other tipps would be great, I would be thankful for any "step-by-step" experience :)

Thanks in advance!!!!
Belinda

Hi Belinda

Once you have the job every thing will be taken care of by the employer, house and transport (depending of job).
all non bajans need work permits and they are v tight on the rules regarding it, only other way is to start your own company.
St. Winifred is a good school.

Belinda1974 Apr 16th 2007 12:04 pm

Hi wofbart,
thanks very much for your answer, I think St. Winifred would be a good choice for our daughter. Now I hope to get the job I am looking for :)

wofbart Apr 16th 2007 1:41 pm

Belinda,
Good luck, if you need any help drop me a line im moving back end of may.