Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Need help with "moving plan" ;)

Need help with "moving plan" ;)

Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with "moving plan" ;)

Hello,
I followed discussions here for several weeks and there were many helpful postings.
I am planning to move to Barbados next year and I am now collecting infos about all.
My daughter (10yrs) is at her last year of primary school here in Austria, with beginning in September she will start in the local secondary school. Since we plan to move to Barbados next summer, she will have to attend secondary school there too. Unfortunately I didnt find much information about the "best" schools for non-nationals, the only school I found and seems good is the St. Winifred School.
Could anybody (who recently moved to Barbados) help me little bit? How did you start (ok first we need a job, and it looks good at the moment that I will know in September if this works out), how about renting houses there, any tipps which is the best way to get a reasonable house?
School: Would you recommend St. Winifred, or any other school?
Insurance: do you need to insure yourself or will you get it with the jobs?

Any other tipps would be great, I would be thankful for any "step-by-step" experience

Thanks in advance!!!!
Belinda
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:46 am
Just Joined

wofbart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help with "moving plan" ;)

Originally Posted by Belinda1974 View Post
Hello,
I followed discussions here for several weeks and there were many helpful postings.
I am planning to move to Barbados next year and I am now collecting infos about all.
My daughter (10yrs) is at her last year of primary school here in Austria, with beginning in September she will start in the local secondary school. Since we plan to move to Barbados next summer, she will have to attend secondary school there too. Unfortunately I didnt find much information about the "best" schools for non-nationals, the only school I found and seems good is the St. Winifred School.
Could anybody (who recently moved to Barbados) help me little bit? How did you start (ok first we need a job, and it looks good at the moment that I will know in September if this works out), how about renting houses there, any tipps which is the best way to get a reasonable house?
School: Would you recommend St. Winifred, or any other school?
Insurance: do you need to insure yourself or will you get it with the jobs?

Any other tipps would be great, I would be thankful for any "step-by-step" experience

Thanks in advance!!!!
Belinda
Hi Belinda

Once you have the job every thing will be taken care of by the employer, house and transport (depending of job).
all non bajans need work permits and they are v tight on the rules regarding it, only other way is to start your own company.
St. Winifred is a good school.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road

Hi wofbart,
thanks very much for your answer, I think St. Winifred would be a good choice for our daughter. Now I hope to get the job I am looking for
Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

wofbart is an unknown quantity at this point

Belinda,
Good luck, if you need any help drop me a line im moving back end of may.