Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

moving to Barbados end of March

moving to Barbados end of March

Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Bajeblondie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to Barbados end of March

Hello!
To Selkirk/Sophie in particular....would you happen to know if your husbands firm is looking for any employees out there?
Also, anyone looking for a live-in childminder on the island...hit me up!!
Good luck to you all, Amy
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:56 am
Just Joined

zaina is an unknown quantity at this point

hello wanitta, sophie, and elmo,

hubby will be with first carib so we'll probably be somewhere near st michael's should housing prove agreeable around there. hopefully, we wont be too far from each other to meet up plus we are all gonna be unemployed for quite some time

pls keep in touch and let's exchange tips via this thread or email me at [email protected]
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Manx1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there, I was wondering if any of you had made contact to meet up? I have just arrived in Barbados (Christ Church) with a 2 yr old son and I'd love to find other kids for him to play with. Does anyone know of any playgroups going on?

Thanks so much.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

We are in the Ch.Ch. area-- my son is 2.5, and as well we have another friend who is just turning 2.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

selkirk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'd love to meet up. We arrived here on the island last Thursday. I would defo be interested in meeting up. I live very near to Oistins, perhaps we could all meet up on Miami Beach one afternoon? I am free pretty much all the time so any day is good for me. My home number is 428 9106, hope to hear from you soon.

Sophie
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Sophie--I sent you a PM...

Suzanne
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

tulipknife is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: moving to Barbados end of March

Man, its been quiet in here recently.....zzzzzzzzzz
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

selkirk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Suzanne, I just sent you a private message.....

Sophie
Old Apr 20th 2008, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Surf Seekers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bajanboy
Hi Sophie:

Life in Barbados is really great and you will enjoy your time here. There is lots to do if you are not working, although taking care of your young son is a full time job in itself.

People like Barbados because it is really safe and the people are friendly, and there is a good mix of locals, expats and tourists. There are lots of great restaurants and attractions, shopping for duty free is not bad, and there are beautiful beaches around every corner.

Bajans are very well educated, polite and friendly.

If you have specific questions about life here, feel free to ask.

John
Hi John, you seem to have a good insight into the island, we moved out there last May but returned to the UK as our 7mth old found the heat a bit of a problem and also the lack of toddler/nursery groups for him to go to. Do you have or know of any young expat families that have pre-school children and if so are there any groups I could join when we move back? Any info you have would be useful. Also realistically how long does a work visa take for independant families who have no job prior to moving? Look froward to hearing from you, Many thanks Denise
Old Apr 27th 2008, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Jo Mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kateric
Hi there

We too are looking to come over to Barbados. We are from NZ but lived in London for years and are now in the Caribbean living in Mustique. We have been to Barbados several times as it is only a 40 min plane trip from here. We have a 15 month old boy and a nearly 4 year old girl. Life in the Caribbean is great so you will have no problems with the kids loving it. The weather is magic and despite being and island there is still loads to do. All the usual things for kids to do...playgrounds, swimming, tennis, horseriding and that is just in Mustique which is tiny! I too would be interested in a playgroup for the kids when we get there so if anyone has any information on them I would appreciate it.
Cheers
Kate
Hi there, I have just arrived in Barbados from New Zealand and was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a baby/toddler group. I have a 3 1/2 year old girl who is starting Casa Dei Bambini next week, but my 18mth old boy is in need of some outside stimulation. So if anyone has information I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Jo
Old Apr 27th 2008, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

My daughter is at Casa, she is 3 1/2 ish too but won't be in school next week. I also have a 6 month old, probably too young for your 18 month old. There is a toddler group that meets on a Thursday, I'll PM you my details, give me a call/email and we can meet up!

Sue
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

MABEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Barbados end of june

Hello all,

I am planning to move to Barbados at the end of june with my son and husband. We will be moving to christchurch area. My son is 9 and i was wondering if any of you have kids around his age he could meet up with. Also if anyone could tell me what it is like living in barbados. i have been many times but on holidays but you always go home, its abit scarey.

What is work like there. I am on setting up my own business. Not sure what hubby would be doing as he is not barbadian. Not sure if he can work or not as we are still awaiting citizenship for him. Anyway anyone out there with any info that would be great.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:45 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to Barbados end of june

Originally Posted by MABEL
Hello all,

I am planning to move to Barbados at the end of june with my son and husband. We will be moving to christchurch area. My son is 9 and i was wondering if any of you have kids around his age he could meet up with. Also if anyone could tell me what it is like living in barbados. i have been many times but on holidays but you always go home, its abit scarey.

What is work like there. I am on setting up my own business. Not sure what hubby would be doing as he is not barbadian. Not sure if he can work or not as we are still awaiting citizenship for him. Anyway anyone out there with any info that would be great.
you are setting up a business on an investment visa? or are you just going there on a visitors visa? are you bajan? you cant just get citizenship by applying for it - you have to have a number of years residency first before applying for citizenship.

If you husband is part of the business then you will both be on a business visa so he can work with your business. If he's not on that he wont be able to work unless he goes to the immigration department and tries to sort out a different visa.

Citizenship timelines are generally about 5-7 years residency first in the Caribbean then citizenship if you apply for it.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Jo Mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shines
Hi there,

My daughter is at Casa, she is 3 1/2 ish too but won't be in school next week. I also have a 6 month old, probably too young for your 18 month old. There is a toddler group that meets on a Thursday, I'll PM you my details, give me a call/email and we can meet up!

Sue
Hi Sue,

I can't open you message as I am new to the site. Could you e-mail me? My e-mail is [email protected]. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Jo
Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

MABEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to Barbados end of june

you are setting up a business on an investment visa? or are you just going there on a visitors visa? are you bajan? you cant just get citizenship by applying for it - you have to have a number of years residency first before applying for citizenship.

If you husband is part of the business then you will both be on a business visa so he can work with your business. If he's not on that he wont be able to work unless he goes to the immigration department and tries to sort out a different visa.

Citizenship timelines are generally about 5-7 years residency first in the Caribbean then citizenship if you apply for it.

Hello

I am from barbados and i already have my ID card Citizenship and passport i hav had this all my life. My husband is doing his citizenship through marriage and we were lucky enough to had got married in barbados, which made it easy when they did there checks.

As for my company i dont need and visas.

Do you have any kids? How long have you been out there? and what is it like?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.