Moving to barbados

Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Hobo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to barbados

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. My names Ruth and I'm moving to Barbados with my husband in September. I'm currently a primary school teacher and haven't as yet got my head round what I'm going to do in Barbados ! I'm really looking forward to it though, it looks beautiful . I'm hoping to make new friends so if you have any advice please share ! Thanks, Ruth
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

janey30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to barbados

Hi
I have hsd a job offer too for sept but dont really know what to do either. Job salary is 57000 us dollars and relocating 3 year old and 7 year old and husband any help of whether this good move or not greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Sounds exciting. I've been inspired to do some proper research now so looking on forums and through all the info my husband has got. Also got a guide book and will look at fco website etc. Keep me updated!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:02 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

For both of you, I would search through the postings to get a better idea of what types of money you will need for rent, groceries etc. I honestly can't tell you if 57,000.00usd is enough for a family of 4 to live on but I can tell you it will depend greatly on the type of life you lead, food you eat, school your child goes to.

Also, is the job paying for the housing and schooling.. these are things to consider as well.

Hobo.. you mention in another post about a job. if you are NOT a Barbadian citizen or don't have rights to work here, you will not be considered for a position anywhere, unless you can prove you are the only person who can do that job and then you will need to have the company who is hiring you, get a work permit for you.

Both of the people who have been offered positions here, will also need to have work permits as well. and If I were you, I wouldn't accept or sign any type of document committing to the job, unless the company can prove they have that work permit for you, or are in the process of getting it.

Immigration in Barbados, as others can tell you, is not something to play around with.

have a look at the forum, read the posts and continue to ask your questions..
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:50 am
Just Joined

Thanks for all the advice. Yes I will keep doing my research and get better ideas about what my options are and what the advice is. It does all seem a little tricky but I'm sure I'll work something out.