moving to barbados

Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

melc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to barbados

I am moving to Barbados on a 9 month contract and am wondering where is the best place to live - I am a single female and want to feel secure?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: moving to barbados

Hi Melc,

In order to answer your question better, it would help to know what sort of lifestyle you're looking for etc. Do you want to be near the beach? Do you want to be in a busy area? Do you want to live close to your job (if so, where is it?)? Would you prefer to be away from touristy areas and into the pretty landscapes? Have you been to Barbados before, and if so where did you visit and what did you like?

Once you can narrow down what you might be looking for, there are plenty of great people on this forum who will be happy to share their tips and experience in living in Barbados

Myself, I live in ChCh in Hastings, which is a pretty busy area and also pretty touristy, which has its ups and downs. But for me, being a city girl (I come from Toronto), I enjoy that. Also, we have many guests from home visiting us and being close to the beach and the main road is very handy. But it's not for everyone, depending on each person's desires.

Good luck.
Foxy
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

melc is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the reply and i agree i was a bit vague. the offices are in st michael but i will be doing a lot of travel between barbados and jamaica and some of the other islands. it would be fantastic to be by the beach, a lot of friends have already indicated if not booked tickets to visit whilst i am there. the only thing is i am not sure i want to be smack bang in the middle of the tourists but given its barbados' prime trade i know there will be tourists everywhere.

any advice is welcome.

cheers
Old Oct 11th 2008, 1:01 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mel

Where are you at the moment? I live in between Bim and UK and could give you some advice but typing it is too long lol

Serendipidy
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Lindi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I was just thinking, do any of you Brits regret leaving the UK?

And for those of you who are settled, is there anything you miss about good old Blighty?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Lindi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sunnie, I have sent you a PM regarding St Ursula.

L