Moving back to UK

Old Oct 27th 2013, 6:17 pm
LJT
Just Joined

LJT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to UK

Does anyone know which is the cheapest option? Shipping all one's belongings back to the UK - or selling them in Barbados and buying new in the UK.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK

Originally Posted by LJT
Does anyone know which is the cheapest option? Shipping all one's belongings back to the UK - or selling them in Barbados and buying new in the UK.
I know nothing of your neck of the woods, but the advice generally tends to be if funds are not that great to sell up and buy new/secondhand-auction houses, on return to the UK.

A lot of people have taken their personal effects only, and got rid of all the furniture. It is that bulk that eats the cash, and most of it can be replaced for around the same amount.

Good luck to you!
Old Oct 29th 2013, 11:06 pm
LJT
Just Joined

LJT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheEmperorIsNaked
I know nothing of your neck of the woods, but the advice generally tends to be if funds are not that great to sell up and buy new/secondhand-auction houses, on return to the UK.

A lot of people have taken their personal effects only, and got rid of all the furniture. It is that bulk that eats the cash, and most of it can be replaced for around the same amount.

Good luck to you!
Many thanks. That's what I thought. Cost a fortune to bring it here!
Old Oct 30th 2013, 1:22 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

as said.. it will likely cost you less in the long wrong to sell your items in Barbados.. relocate with your personal belongings and start new in the UK. but please.. do not over price what you have to sell just because you think you can.. it's a common misconception.. people will pay for things that they can't normally get in Barbados.. but if you start out too high, it's not going to sell.. .. if you need any info on places to sell .. let me know.. and I wouldn't suggest an action, unless it's a last ditch effort...