Moving in 3 weeks. Cars?

Old Jul 17th 2015, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

PrincessBananaHamock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving in 3 weeks. Cars?

Hi we are moving to Barbados in 3 weeks. My husband has a 12 month contract so we were wondering if anywhere leases good quality cars that are not expensive.

I'm coming from another Caribbean island so I'm aware of how expensive old cars are. I've one here lol. That I need to sell.

I got the idea from a friend here who's been renting because she's on a short term contract and didn't want the hassle.

I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas in Barbados. Thank you.
Old Jul 17th 2015, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Moving in 3 weeks. Cars?

Someone has sent me a private message but I can't read it because it says I need three posts.
I don't want to hijack anyone's else's thread lol so I'm typing this to help me see my private message.

I know my thread is about cars but if anyone has any good tips about food shopping etc in Barbados please comment all the advice I can get is very helpful.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

islandgirl2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cars are expensive here to purchase due to the high import tax. There are a quite a few car hire companies mainly aimed at tourists but the one my husband's firm (he works for a major car dealer on the island) uses is called Coconut Car rentals.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for your reply my husband's work actually recommended that company too.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

islandgirl2 is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem! You'll have to get used to the poor quality of the roads here (pot holes galore, especially after the rain). And people rarely use indicators so you have to develop a sixth sense at roundabouts!
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

I lived on another island before and I've witnessed trucks reversing around a roundabout and I'm shocked you use your indicators lol
I've even seen people driving with doors flapping in the wind because windows don't turn down. Ha ha ha nothing shocks me anymore xx