Maternity Pay

Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

vikki85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maternity Pay

I have not been on here in a while, I have been very busy as I am 6 months pregnant!!

I am employed by a local company but have decided to go back to the UK to give birth (for a varity of reasons). I was wondering if anyone else has had their babies in the UK and if so what happened about maternity pay from your workplace. I have been told that NIS will not pay me maternity pay as I am having the baby outside of Barbados, despite coming back to work after 3 months!
Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maternity Pay

Originally Posted by vikki85
I have not been on here in a while, I have been very busy as I am 6 months pregnant!!

I am employed by a local company but have decided to go back to the UK to give birth (for a varity of reasons). I was wondering if anyone else has had their babies in the UK and if so what happened about maternity pay from your workplace. I have been told that NIS will not pay me maternity pay as I am having the baby outside of Barbados, despite coming back to work after 3 months!
Just checking, but presumably you are aware that as you are no longer resident in the UK you are not entitled to free NHS care, so could be billed for the birth?

Congrats by the way!