Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Looking for a car! Please help :-)

Looking for a car! Please help :-)

Old Jan 11th 2010, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

tng1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a car! Please help :-)

Happy New Year everyone. Im looking for a car, one that is reliable and can get from A - B, preferable an opal or starlet but i am flexible. Max $4000, so if anyone know of anywhere or anyone I can talk to, please let me know. Thank you :-)
Old Jan 11th 2010, 10:19 pm
Banned

neal brown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a car! Please help :-)

As i said before check the Nation Newspaper Classified,a car for $4000 bds will only get you from A to A am not sure it will reach Bsounds like you are looking for trouble,whish you luck.

Last edited by neal brown; Jan 11th 2010 at 10:22 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

karibspices is an unknown quantity at this point

$4,000 USD, I suppose???

Starlets are sought after for their rally car conversions, so that might be out at that price point.

At that price point, you're looking at last century... good luck
Old Jan 25th 2010, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

caroldawn is an unknown quantity at this point

we were looking back at Xmas and found some good ones parked outside car mechanic workshops, always friendly guys and the cars were tidy and well maintained. Maybe worth just driving around some neighbourhoods and looking ... good luck.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,

Just to update you on my car situation. I brought one yesterday, its a 1999 Suzuki Alto in almost perfect condition. 2 previous lady owners/drivers and imacculate. The lady that had it was leaving the island and had a great heart and didnt really want anything for it, but I gave her $3500Bds. So never say never about getting a car for within your budget, i didnt think it would happen and it did and ill treat it just as good as she did.

Thank you everyone for all your tips!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

caroldawn is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Where did you find it in the end?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

lol, it was so weird. I was looking and looking and was only finding car not even worth looking at and then a friend from work text me saying she just drove passed a little green car for sale, but not sure how much. When i called the lady was really nice and lived round the corner from me in st james, said she had only put the sign up an hour ago. Must be fate . Im really happy with my new road runner.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

vikki85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tng1
lol, it was so weird. I was looking and looking and was only finding car not even worth looking at and then a friend from work text me saying she just drove passed a little green car for sale, but not sure how much. When i called the lady was really nice and lived round the corner from me in st james, said she had only put the sign up an hour ago. Must be fate . Im really happy with my new road runner.
Glad you managed to get yourself a car T!! You will be zipping all over the island now xxx
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:34 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

congrats on the car.. you got lucky..
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

karibspices is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!