Its all happening...

Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough
Default Its all happening...

...the shipping company came today and took all my boxes and things for thier journey to Barbados, my daughter and I go on Saturday...

Feel excited but still quite shaky. Had my scan (21 weeks) today and all was well with baby so that is one less thing to worry about

Wish me luck!

Sue x
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Its all happening...

Wow, I can imagine that you must be very excited now!! Saturday!!!!!
For me 15 days til departure....so much looking forward and hoping to see you there!
Do you already have friends there?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

My partner and his family are there so I have them, need to make some new friends but hope that will be easy enough... (I'm not known for being shy )

15 days for you - not long either... We'll have to catch up on the beach!

Sx
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shines
My partner and his family are there so I have them, need to make some new friends but hope that will be easy enough... (I'm not known for being shy )
That´s good, so you will be surrounded by your family which is a good start!
Making friends there is not difficult, but you should be prepared that even it seems that you have many friends, most of them are not....The Bajans are wonderful people, but like everywhere in the world, there are different types. The ones you can really rely on and the other ones who are just cheating on you and seem to be your friend. Uff this sounds like negative thoughts, but it isn´t - I love the Bajans and I also hope to get more friends there once I moved.

15 days for you - not long either... We'll have to catch up on the beach!
Sx
YEAH, I am counting the hours!!!! And we will definetely have a drink together, how about meeting at Wofbarts rum shop in Black Rock?
@Wofbart - what´s the name of it??
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

I guess people are people the world over, but if you don't take the chance to get to know them you never find the good ones

A 'soft' drink anywhere!

S x
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

You are so right!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Rumswizz is an unknown quantity at this point

...the shipping company came today and took all my boxes and things for thier journey to Barbados, my daughter and I go on Saturday...

Feel excited but still quite shaky. Had my scan (21 weeks) today and all was well with baby so that is one less thing to worry about

Wish me luck!

Sue x
Good Luck - safe trip.....see you in Aug!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Belinda1974
That´s good, so you will be surrounded by your family which is a good start!
Making friends there is not difficult, but you should be prepared that even it seems that you have many friends, most of them are not....The Bajans are wonderful people, but like everywhere in the world, there are different types. The ones you can really rely on and the other ones who are just cheating on you and seem to be your friend. Uff this sounds like negative thoughts, but it isn´t - I love the Bajans and I also hope to get more friends there once I moved.

YEAH, I am counting the hours!!!! And we will definetely have a drink together, how about meeting at Wofbarts rum shop in Black Rock?
@Wofbart - what´s the name of it??

My experience of the term "friends" in Barbados are people you have fun with,a drink, a BBQ, a very good laugh
My best friend in Barbados was Americane told eachother anything!!!!
Could rely on eachother and helped eachother out when feeling a bit low. She is married to a bajan and has her marital problems due to culture differences most..
I'm the sort of person who only needs one friend like her and the others won't see the back of my tongue|_Barbados to me is a country of minor complications but with lots of fun things!

Last edited by trutje; Jun 21st 2007 at 10:13 am.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Wish me luck!

Sue x
I wish you All the luck and fun I'm sure you and your family will have
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by trutje
_Barbados to me is a country of minor complications but with lots of fun things!
It´s the same for me, otherwise I won´t barely decide to move there With Barbados I definetely found my own "paradise", the mix of all makes it. Sure they have some problems, same than here in Europe, but seen in a summary it is way better than here and the whole lifestyle isn´t to compare to anything here.
I am a person who first tries to speak to people friendly, even if others tell me (they mean it "good" to me) not to be with them because they are beach bums or whatever. I am always friendly to them until they show me the opposite of what I try to expect. Some people there in Barbados thought I am totally crazy, talking to an obvious poor man in Bridgetown who tried to get some money from me. The man didn´t hurt me or rob me or whatever, he just saw a rich, arrogant tourist (he meant that I am) in me, like so many others. For me it is sometimes a challenge to show the locals that not all tourists are the same, that not everybody of "us" are ignoring local culture, traditons and habits. For myself I think that I am a very tolerant person and I always want to be among locals, I hate to be in tourist ghettos. So with being friendly and interested in how the locals are I have been good in all the countries I visited yet.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

mizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Wish me luck!

Sue x
good luck and enjoy your adventure, you are the envy of many on this site!!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

It´s the same for me, otherwise I won´t barely decide to move there With Barbados I definetely found my own "paradise", the mix of all makes it. Sure they have some problems, same than here in Europe, but seen in a summary it is way better than here and the whole lifestyle isn´t to compare to anything here.
I am a person who first tries to speak to people friendly, even if others tell me (they mean it "good" to me) not to be with them because they are beach bums or whatever. I am always friendly to them until they show me the opposite of what I try to expect. Some people there in Barbados thought I am totally crazy, talking to an obvious poor man in Bridgetown who tried to get some money from me. The man didn´t hurt me or rob me or whatever, he just saw a rich, arrogant tourist (he meant that I am) in me, like so many others. For me it is sometimes a challenge to show the locals that not all tourists are the same, that not everybody of "us" are ignoring local culture, traditons and habits. For myself I think that I am a very tolerant person and I always want to be among locals, I hate to be in tourist ghettos. So with being friendly and interested in how the locals are I have been good in all the countries I visited yet.
I once gave a man in Bridgetown, laying asleep in a shopdoorway, 20 dollars, I just pushed it in his hand
My friends thought I was mad, but I had it at the time and he needed it by the looks of him
Maybe we are talking about the same guy

I also have to tell you this!!!!
I was laying on the Almond Beach resort beach near a couple with 2 kids(tourists).
A rasta guy with aloe vera came along, and you know how they want to sell it to you.......He got out of his shorts a bag of sweeties and offered some to the couple's kids. Nice ,eh?
Well not to the kids parents!!! They told him to get away and were holding onto their kids like the rasta wanted to kidnap them!!
The rastaguy started shouted at them; Do you believe I want to harm your kids!!!!!? I have four kids myself!!
I could only think: WELL DONE, Mate!!!!!

Last edited by trutje; Jun 21st 2007 at 12:56 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Probably we are talking bout the same man in Bridgetown - funny

Regarding the story at Almond - that are exactly the types of tourist I was talking bout before I know that you should be careful with foreign people in foreign countries, because there - of course - are bad guys too, walking around and doing bad things. BUT these types of tourists always FIRST see the bad things in people, not even trying to hear what they have to say. Maybe I think different because I never had any negative experiences on my travels, but I always think that - even the person don´t look nice or beautiful or clean - you first should believe that he/she is good.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Probably we are talking bout the same man in Bridgetown - funny

Regarding the story at Almond - that are exactly the types of tourist I was talking bout before I know that you should be careful with foreign people in foreign countries, because there - of course - are bad guys too, walking around and doing bad things. BUT these types of tourists always FIRST see the bad things in people, not even trying to hear what they have to say. Maybe I think different because I never had any negative experiences on my travels, but I always think that - even the person don´t look nice or beautiful or clean - you first should believe that he/she is good.
Yeah, it might be naive of us , but this was so obvious he was trying to be nice!!
The times that guys came up to my kids and had a laugh and a chat, my kids would never have expierenced the goodness in them if I would have been a paranoid parent
I realise people are all different, but at least we're similar
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by trutje
I realise people are all different, but at least we're similar
Arite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.