how safe is barbados

Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

carolleb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how safe is barbados

im booked to come april 20th and on the verge of cancelling the whole trip which means I lose everything. Saw the news tonight about two tourists who were shot in bridgetown and read about two women who died is it that bad. My boyfriend said he will look after me but thats another story. He lives in christchurch and wondered if anyone knows that place, im having mega colly wobbles at the moment. can anyone advise me please. there is a lot to lose here.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 2:55 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how safe is barbados

HI Carolleb.. welcome to the boards.. Barbados is probably safer than most places around the world, it's just unfortunate that these things have all just happened. Not sure where you are from but I'm guessing that NYC, London, Chicago and smaller cities in the US, England , Canada etc.. these things happen on a daily basis.. they don't happen here on a daily basis.

don't cancel your trip.. come out, keep your common sense with you at all times (just like you should at home) and have a great time while you are here..
Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:04 am
Just Joined

carolleb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolleb View Post
im booked to come april 20th and on the verge of cancelling the whole trip which means I lose everything. Saw the news tonight about two tourists who were shot in bridgetown and read about two women who died is it that bad. My boyfriend said he will look after me but thats another story. He lives in christchurch and wondered if anyone knows that place, im having mega colly wobbles at the moment. can anyone advise me please. there is a lot to lose here.
Well news update, wont be coming now at all, lost my flight money, hotel at gatwick the lot, turned out my so called boyfriend was just conning me and im glad I found out now and not when I got there. its a long story folks and not a good one. I have a month before the flight and now impossible as cant save up enough money to stay anywhere there, was staying with him. nothing I can do, that will teach me wont it, a very expensive turn of events and I lose. I bought him a refurbed laptop to bring out, but can sell that now. gave him some money not a lot thank god and wont get that back either.
there will some that will say serves you right but I believed in him, how stupid was i to do that.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:46 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carolle

Welcome to the forum and I hope we can help with any questions you may have for us however it is not a blogging site or a facebook type site for status updates
Old Mar 19th 2013, 8:10 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Carolleb, I'm soo sorry that this has happened to you. Have you cancelled your flights etc already??? was going to suggest somehow being able to change your dates, or getting a voucher from the airline or something, that wouldn't mean a complete loss.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 2:39 am
Just Joined

Sherwood is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi carolleb,

What a terrible thing to have happen. Every part of the world has its scammers and conmen/women. Perhaps you wanted to come to Barbados not just for this man, but for yourself. If that's the case I think sunniebgi nailed it. Have your holiday despite him, if you can manage it. The island is not about people like that, don't let it spoil the ideas you had. Barbados is worth visiting, so if you need some recommendations on cheap accommodation please feel free to PM me.

Sherwood
Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

bjporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am a Barbadian born and raised and I can say first hand Barbados is a lovely place. That incident is a very unfortunate incident and the government is very displeased about it as tourism revenue is most important to our economy.

I must also agree with sherwood that there is cheap sorry valuable accomodation here but it may not be that easy to find online. today is april 11 so there is still time to find accomodation if you want to come for the 20th.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

acebritty is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya. not sure how long youd booked for but ill be on the island arriving on may 2nd.

i had planned to post questions on here and i saw your post. this will be my first trip to barbados and my first time travelling without kids. got divorced last year been wanting to visit for four years and thought wth.....why not! im kinda nervous but exicited.

i found cheap airfare and super cheap accomodation which is in christchurch.

im a brit living in the us. let me know if you're still gonna do your trip!

hello to everyone else. the countdown is on. i will be unleasing questions soon! lol
Old Apr 13th 2013, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

acebritty is an unknown quantity at this point

wanted to add i had a situation similar. i had booked a family trip way back the dh and i were going through a horrible time and i ended up having to cancel and lost some money. wasnt in the state of mind then to go it alone so i understand where you're coming from!

later!