How is everyone coping?

Old Jun 4th 2020, 12:23 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is everyone coping?

No change inGrenada, blursday everyday.

The bug arrives next month when we open up, there are some coded statements that appear [to the careful observer] to indicate the government has had enough of the economic impact and is at last getting real to the fact that you cant beat it without a vaccine, and one of those is dubious or certainly over the viable horizon, so we have to live with it, and people will die eventually, but you cant say that, after all the bravado and - charitably lets call it bug prevention practice, the real need for prevention will arrive with the opening.
Old Jun 4th 2020, 12:29 pm

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, im a bit surprised they havent opened restaurants and open air bars, with distancing, they will have to do it ar some point, and also if they want tourists. Same for beaches, and a 7pm curfew will put a lot off. Its noticeable that as tracing is made available, small gatherings are being allowed in other countries, growing in number over time. Nothing like that here, maybe the big bang approach is being considered, hope not.
Old Jun 4th 2020, 5:43 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

from 1June (it was a holiday).. 2 june for some..
there are protocols in place.. physical distancing, temps taken at the door.. LOTS of hand sanitizer being spritz.. etc etc
Beaches.. 5am-630pm
Most/more businesses back open
Restaurants are allowed to open.. big protocols.. not sure they are even ironed out, but .. they are opening slowly. have had more doing takeout/curbside for the last 2 weeks.. among other things
they can sell alcohol, but only in the restaurant. no stand alone bars allowed.
NO MORE ALPHABET SHOPPING.. YEAH!!!
Many things. Still no commercial flights etc repatriation

only 4 left in quarantine, only 7 deaths (last one was end of April) , less than 100 cases.. HOWEVER. 200 bajans etc arrived from the UK Yesterday.. ALL have been tested and MUST go through 14 Day either government or hotel (at their expense and specific location) quarantine.
sports are ok.. but.. like 2 people playing tennis across a net, solo sailing, swimming. etc.. no group sports etc.

and more..

Old Jun 4th 2020, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
from 1June (it was a holiday).. 2 june for some..
there are protocols in place.. physical distancing, temps taken at the door.. LOTS of hand sanitizer being spritz.. etc etc
Beaches.. 5am-630pm
Most/more businesses back open
Restaurants are allowed to open.. big protocols.. not sure they are even ironed out, but .. they are opening slowly. have had more doing takeout/curbside for the last 2 weeks.. among other things
they can sell alcohol, but only in the restaurant. no stand alone bars allowed.
NO MORE ALPHABET SHOPPING.. YEAH!!!
Many things. Still no commercial flights etc repatriation

only 4 left in quarantine, only 7 deaths (last one was end of April) , less than 100 cases.. HOWEVER. 200 bajans etc arrived from the UK Yesterday.. ALL have been tested and MUST go through 14 Day either government or hotel (at their expense and specific location) quarantine.
sports are ok.. but.. like 2 people playing tennis across a net, solo sailing, swimming. etc.. no group sports etc.

and more..
Shoppings pretty normal here now except distancing/masks. Its prep for opening our skys in 3 weeks, they will have to open restaurants, hotel bars, beaches etc, and imho thats when the precautions start to be needed, imho, all the islands will see cases in numbers, testing regardless, we are just rejoining the real world where the bug can be contained but not eradicated, because if we dont, things will be even worse but in different ways.
Old Jun 4th 2020, 6:02 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

that's the issue for us as well. that Scare Factor of.. for our economy, we need to open up, but in reality, it's going to come at us.. again and again.. .. at this point, I do have faith in our medical systems (believe it or not).. but it's going to take much more than just letting people walk in. it will be interesting to see what the results are of the 200 that came in yesterday. and any other subsequent flights that may bring others home.
Old Jun 4th 2020, 6:09 pm

Well citizens are invested in the country, tourists are not, and the 2 week quarantine thing will be stopped shortly, its not tourist compatible.
Old Jun 6th 2020, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
that's the issue for us as well. that Scare Factor of.. for our economy, we need to open up, but in reality, it's going to come at us.. again and again.. .. at this point, I do have faith in our medical systems (believe it or not).. but it's going to take much more than just letting people walk in. it will be interesting to see what the results are of the 200 that came in yesterday. and any other subsequent flights that may bring others home.
There were actually 98 who came into Barbados (my daughter was one).. all apparently tested negative. The others on the flight were moved onto other islands. The one worrying this is that some of those on the flight were apparently allowed to quarantine at home... wonder who they know!.
Old Jun 6th 2020, 11:42 pm

Ian.. they have said publicly. I think, at least on women is pregnant and I think there was a family with small children. I'm not 100pct sure.

I know 2 people who are supposed to come in on the Tuesday flight from the US. one has been doing medical treatments in Miami since February and her sister has been with her. the sister was to have come home in Mid March and the Son was to fly up.. but that never happened. I believe they have asked for quarantine at home. .No one else lives in the house.. and she still has to go through her treatments, so not sure how any of this will work. They actually have been quarantined in a hotel room (except for going to the treatments in Miami) for almost the whole time they have been there.

The don't want people in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. They have closed one of the COVID Centres. they have Paragon (part of the military) and the New Harrison's Point Facility. If they aren't allowed to stay at home, they will likely stay in one of the hotels..

I'm not suggesting that being allowed to stay home is the RIGHT thing to do.. but they, and others , have a support system who will bring them food, etc.. and the house is separated from others.. others may not have that ability.

I have a friend who had been in Canada since February and came home just before the doors closed. she "self-quarantined" in an empty small home on the west coast.. 2 weeks her husband brought food every day.. left it on the step.. they would take many feet away from each other. she is fine, but of course.. it doesn't matter if she didn't get it, because at this point, she still susceptible to virus as long as it's still out there.

and I'll add. I was driving in Bridgetown this Morning and afternoon.. and was NOT amazed to see hundreds of Bajans walking around.. No physical distancing.. No masks.. or no masks on properly. going about their normal Saturday Morning Choirs like they always have. it's not done yet..
Old Jun 7th 2020, 12:38 am

When the islands open its coming back, but thats inevitable, there is no other viable option.
Old Jun 7th 2020, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

If some people were offered - or gained - the option of quarantine at home it ought to have been out there for everyone. I too have a totally separate building my daughter could stay in, but instead I have to pay for her to stay at Sugar Cane Club.. and the government has the cheek to charge the room levy as well...

I know you are going to say did she need to come home... but you argue with her mother lol....
Old Jun 7th 2020, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

Its not inevitable though is it... the second wave hasn't made an appearance in many places as restrictions have been eased. Thats not to say that there should be a free for all.. but lets also not immediately assume the worst.
Old Jun 7th 2020, 10:07 am

Statistically the bug comes in waves all the time, look at the john hopkins institute graphs of infections per day in pretty much all countries, while their trend might be down or up thats how it happens. Like flu there is likely to be an uptick in the autumn as the bug prefers cool and damp. So yes calling it a second wave may ve misleading, 5th 9th whatever - there is likely to be a growth in infection rates as it finds a new unsullied population. We have not endured any wave, we shut the door, but then realised we couldnt survive with the door shut.
Old Jun 7th 2020, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by satellite_ian
If some people were offered - or gained - the option of quarantine at home it ought to have been out there for everyone. I too have a totally separate building my daughter could stay in, but instead I have to pay for her to stay at Sugar Cane Club.. and the government has the cheek to charge the room levy as well...

I know you are going to say did she need to come home... but you argue with her mother lol....
Here as there its the health ministrys decision whether they let you quarantine at home, but if they house you its at their cost. So far - so long as you arent an especial risk [cruise workers were considered elevated risk] and they think you can stick to the rules [have a support network] they let you go home but do check on you.
Old Jun 7th 2020, 3:35 pm

I think, regarding the people who have been given the permission to stay at home, there are been where some would be considered underlying circumstance. was your daughter given the choice of the Government facility or the hotel?? that would be my question.

I have said this all along. we have Americans/Brits etc.. who are here now. and have been.. enjoying Barbados ..even in lockdown. .. some own homes here.. others do not. supposed they get COVID 19 and go under Barbados Government Care in a facility. who pays?? do they?? does anyone?? but if they get treatment for free, isn't my tax dollar paying for that?? . correct?? some own homes and pay taxes.. fine.. but others do not.
Old Jun 7th 2020, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Yes... it was Paragon or a hotel.. either The Crane or Sugar Cane Club... given what others got .. I feel we ought to have had the option to prove we had somewhere isolated for her to stay...

As for charging the room levy on top of the room charge... thats just nuts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.