having a baby in barbados

Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:59 am
Just Joined

tumtam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default having a baby in barbados

am new in this forum, i need to know if one can come to barbados to have a baby and go back with the baby. i hold a nigerian passport am doing my masters program in uk and am pregnant. can someone put me through please.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: having a baby in barbados

Hi there,
Welcome and congratulations. Have you read through some of the threads? There are a ton on having babies here.

Good luck to you,
F
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:01 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

first you need to make sure you have the proper documents to come into Barbados. You can't fly after so many weeks of pregnancy, so you aren't going to be just flying in and flying out. you would be in Barbados for at least 2 months. So you need to consider this before heading this way.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
first you need to make sure you have the proper documents to come into Barbados. You can't fly after so many weeks of pregnancy, so you aren't going to be just flying in and flying out. you would be in Barbados for at least 2 months. So you need to consider this before heading this way.
thank you, if i may ask what do you mean by proper document pls? if it is visa i have called the embassy in uk and i was told that i don't need visa to travel to barbados, if it is funds i have more than enough to cover my bill and my stay while am there. please let me know if there is any other thing am leaving out.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 7:05 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

No that should be fine, but my question might be why would you want to come to Barbados to have your child?? Especially if you are living in London.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

If you have status in the UK, you don't need a Visa, but yes I wonder why you would want to come to BB than unfortunately, self-serving reasons. If you have ulterior motives I would suggest that you read the "Immigration" threads, things here in regard to immigration are not that easy these days. If you have no ulterior motive, my apologies.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 1:43 am

I will also apologise to the original poster.. but will say as Zanne has done. My first instinct is that you want to come to Barbados to have a child here, who then can obtain Barbados Citizenship and thereby allowing the parent to obtain that as well. It may not be that cut and dry in Barbados. My children are Barbados as they were born here, but their father is also Barbadian. However, I have 2 sets of friends who are not barbadians(one who has left the island and one set that are still here ) but who have Barbadian born children and they cannot even obtain residency.

So, think long and hard about the reasons you plan to come here to have a child. it's not as easy as it may seem.

by the way, it is a sad commentary on life in the 21century when one's first thought to this question is "what is the motive behind wanting to do this type of thing). as the saying goes.. Peter pays for Paul, Paul pays for all.... if you know what that means.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 9:49 am
Just Joined

No that should be fine, but my question might be why would you want to come to Barbados to have your child?? Especially if you are living in London.
i quite understand what you mean,apologies accepted.

As you said I would like to have the citizenship for my child which i cant obtain in UK. But i am not at all interested in the citizenship for myself.As soon as my child can fly i will come back to the UK.

my main concern is the required accomodation which i would need in the 2 months . I really would need some help in that direction and as i said earlier I will pay for the accomodation. So i am looking for links to maybe self-catering studios or single room places.....

I do not have any ulterior motives.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

I am going to excuse myself from this thread as I don't really agree with what you are proposing, mind you I am certain that this wouldn't be the first time that someone did this.

I will say this, never assume that you can give your child better by predetermining the geography of his/her birth.

Good luck.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 4:00 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Tumtam

Have you even considerd the cost of having your baby here it costs a small fortune for the pre care the delivery and after care - it is not free here like in the UK.

Also consider the fact that if you turn up at immigration from the uk here not being a british citizen and heavily pregnant Immigration here is gonna questions all of this and you are exposed to being returned on the next plane - travel money wasted. Even if you were not returned on the plane when you go into the immigration department for an extension as you will likely only get a 30 day stay they can then say no and send you "home anyhow. You should also consider that in the event that happened how would the UK immigration look upon you being a deportee from Barbados?

It is indeed a bad indictement of a world when it is a lottery of luck depending on where you are born but it is what it is and you could end up a lot worse if you try and cheat the system

Dipidy
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

karibspices is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! Barbados is that popular??

that's all I have to add....
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:49 pm

Just a point of reference and understanding that I learned today.. This poster, even though she may end up having her child in the UK.. the child will not be able to claim citizenship in the UK (even thought it is, to me, a Birthright issue). Which maybe why as a Nigerian, she wishes to have her child somewhere other than the UK or Nigeria.

However, having said that.. I do agree, that unless you have some really good reason for being in Barbados for at least 2 plus months, and that reason is not having a baby, unfortunately you may not want to even try it.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

karibspices is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a point of reference and understanding that I learned today.. This poster, even though she may end up having her child in the UK.. the child will not be able to claim citizenship in the UK (even thought it is, to me, a Birthright issue)....
That's very interesting, I was not aware of that.

Seems it would be confusing to be born in country and not be able to claim citizenship... to what country would you have citizenship in that case??
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:23 am

i'm guessing citizenship would revert to that of the mother or father. But I'm guessing it depends on the laws of the country.

My children hold both Barbados and US. Barbados because they were born here (but they could have applied for citizenship by decent because of their father) and they have US through me (as a US Citizen). This law actually applies to not only Great Britain but other places as well. I think Sweden has the same thing.. you can have a baby there but they cannot hold citizenship unless, i'm guessing on this one, at least one parent is..
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

i'm guessing citizenship would revert to that of the mother or father. But I'm guessing it depends on the laws of the country.

My children hold both Barbados and US. Barbados because they were born here (but they could have applied for citizenship by decent because of their father) and they have US through me (as a US Citizen). This law actually applies to not only Great Britain but other places as well. I think Sweden has the same thing.. you can have a baby there but they cannot hold citizenship unless, i'm guessing on this one, at least one parent is..
Thank you all for your various contributions. You have been of great help and your messages have given me a better insight into the issue at hand. But in reality, is it a criminal offence to want to come and have a baby in Barbados?
Because truly, i have nothing to hide,isn't it possible that i declare my intentions to the immigration? that i am pregnant and i intend to have my baby in Barbados? all expenses paid by me. Please let me have your take on this.Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.