Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

good value food places to eat

good value food places to eat

Old May 4th 2010, 11:17 am
Just Joined

tallsteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default good value food places to eat

in holetown or in the paynes bay area are there any good value restaurants where you can eat and get fresh fish,maybe some where where the bajans eat any food back lol would be helpful steve
Old May 4th 2010, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

RAZZMATAZZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: good value food places to eat

Try Wendys in Risk Road, Fitts Vilage.Very well appointed bar/restaurant/rum shop/1 stop grocery store/sports bar with several plasmas.John the owner is a 'British bajan',very friendly. Food is very cheap,very Bajan and very nice with fresh fish every day. Good mix of locals and expats,especially when the footy is on. I'm missing it now as my house is not far ,but I'm in UK;got a ticket for the FA cup final!
Old Jun 30th 2010, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

yellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Razz - Wendy's was such a great suggestion - we've been a few times now and love it - can't believe have been here 7 years and didn't know it existed! Are you here for the football? We watched the England game there on Sunday - great atmosphere, shame about the match!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

CarlHnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe a bit too far north, but Dazzler's is new and pretty good value. It's in the north part of St James, on the border with St Peter.

English owned, but still really popular with locals.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

vikki85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Again, maybe too far north, but in Speightstown there is a great place called Wave Rider. It is opposite the bakery. My husband and I eat there most Friday nights. Very reasonable price-wise, $15.00 - $20.00 for most main meals. Steak starts from $25.00. It is not very big, with the seating area outside but it is next to the sea and is a really nice place.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Also Fishermens Pub in Speightstown too. Good local food at reasonable prices. It is on the sea front.