British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Good guitar tutor (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/good-guitar-tutor-686704/)

Leah Marlowe Sep 23rd 2010 11:28 pm

Good guitar tutor

Anyone know of a good one-on-one guitar teacher? I can look in the Yellow Pages and I've taken a couple of tear-off flyers in Supercentre at Oistins and JB. Just wondering if anyone has a personal recommendation before I call a stranger.

Preferably not too much driving distance from Oistins. Talking about a complete beginner on the guitar.

Many thanks in advance.

zanne Sep 24th 2010 12:56 am

Re: Good guitar tutor

My boss' kids go to the guitar school that is sort of adjacent to (across the road from) Harbour Lights on Bay Street, they have gone there forever and seem to enjoy it. I don't have contact info tho, maybe Sunnie does.

HTH!

Sunniebgi Sep 24th 2010 1:22 pm

oh gosh.. no pressure.. right Zanne.. I've driven past.. seen the guitar on the wall and the info.. but can't for the life of me remember. However, I don't think you can miss the info if you drive down that side..

There is a new guitar instructor that does afterschool lessons at St. Gabriel's.. Sorry.. can't remember his name either. Paco somebody (I think) you can call the school 436-9218 and ask if they will give you the name and number.

Also, I think it's Nicholas Lewis teaches, or used to.. not sure where or how to contact him. He taught for a while as well.

Of course the best is Willie Kerr.. I'm sure he is in the phone book.. but he is in the entertainment industry as well, so not sure how available he is. He is located in Navy Gardens, so right along the south coast, not too far from you.

hope this helps even just a little.

zanne Sep 24th 2010 1:25 pm

I told you sunnie would have suggestions...;);)

bamiskados Sep 24th 2010 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi (Post 8872915)
Also, I think it's Nicholas Lewis teaches, or used to.. not sure where or how to contact him. He taught for a while as well.

Is this Nicholas Lewis the son of Patrick and Bernadette?

RAZZMATAZZ Sep 24th 2010 4:39 pm

Jeff Logan,former lead with Level Vibes,taught my daughter.Very relaxed,not expensive and will come to you if necessary.He is Canadian lives in Hastings.You'll have to look him up in the phone book as I don't have the number offhand.

Sunniebgi Sep 24th 2010 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by bamiskados (Post 8873263)
Is this Nicholas Lewis the son of Patrick and Bernadette?

Yes he is..

Gravy Sep 27th 2010 10:03 am

My husband went to Andre Donawa and learnt quite a bit and enjoyed himself.
barbadosguitar.com