gas barbecue grills

Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Rumswizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default gas barbecue grills

Any idea of how much these cost, just an average size one...nothing too fancy. Are the gas cannister easy to get for use with them?

Cheers

RS
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Re: gas barbecue grills

Holy crap, these babies are expensive-- I did see some at Price Smart but they were superduper. I think that you have to check Mannings, Carter's or Courts and see, Carter's is probably the cheaper.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zanne
Holy crap, these babies are expensive-- I did see some at Price Smart but they were superduper. I think that you have to check Mannings, Carter's or Courts and see, Carter's is probably the cheaper.
How much do you think? $300? Just had a look at Courts/Carters...website but no mention.

Thanks again

RS
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

No I think if they use propane, not fancy stainless steel you are talking about $1000.00 plus BB-- I am going next Tuesday and I will check some prices for you at Mannings can you wait til then?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey RS-- I was just thinking about this...my husband and I have spent a ton of time driving around and looking at household stuff like you seem to be trying to price out. You will have a blast doing this once you get settled but you will have to be patient, we have had an empty house since August! And now we are getting furniture and things are falling in place, slowly. Let me know if you want me to check on any other prices for you next week...
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Hey RS-- I was just thinking about this...my husband and I have spent a ton of time driving around and looking at household stuff like you seem to be trying to price out. You will have a blast doing this once you get settled but you will have to be patient, we have had an empty house since August! And now we are getting furniture and things are falling in place, slowly. Let me know if you want me to check on any other prices for you next week...
That would be great if you could note some of the prices......we also wanted to price up a swing/slide set for the kids....nothing fancy....garden furniture...table/chairs/umbrella etc.

I'm sure there's more but can't think right now....but thanks for helping out.

RS
Old Jun 25th 2007, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

RS-- I will keep you in mind, we have some great patio furniture, I will take some pictures. Also when I get there my furniture and it's new cushions will be ready for use!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

mizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi zanne

thats the best advice!, prices/quality does vary, from experience once you get to BB you can 'live without it' , adapt and improvise.

ideas of needs and wants change once in BB.

to make the most of your purchases apply for a 'magna' loyalty card too.

shopping around is fab advice, its great fun and does pay off.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh yes I forgot about the Magna Card--I am trying to use the supermarket minimally though. For vegetables my mother in law and I have started a garden--it is fantastic. Yes you are right about what necessities really are, I am so excited to shed the life that we have in NYC for BB, and it is fun to improvise. Next week I am going to (try) to refinish one of my mother in laws old wraught iron tables for our house!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:04 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

no chance of you importing one? we shipped ours in through the company from the US and it was $450US and is HUGE! big stainless steel Webber thing.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by islandmom
no chance of you importing one? we shipped ours in through the company from the US and it was $450US and is HUGE! big stainless steel Webber thing.
was out and about today and i think I have found something that would do the job, but not be a hassle to ship over. Yay!!!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Where did you go?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Where did you go?
basspro - thay have a good selection of small/med/large stuff. But I am still interested on what's on offer in B'dos....just to compare.