Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Expats with babies/toddlers in Barbados?

Expats with babies/toddlers in Barbados?

Old Jan 11th 2010, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

lilyrabbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Expats with babies/toddlers in Barbados?

Hello,

My husband has the opportunity to work for 3 months in the Caribbean later this year, probably from Sept-Dec. I will have a 2 year old and a 6 month old baby (due in April). From what I can see, it would be easier for us to live in Barbados than Jamaica (Kingston) in terms of me getting out and about with the babies in the daytime.

I'd love to hear how it is for expats with young children in Barbados, and if it is easy to meet friends to hang out with in the daytime. Can you go out and about with young children on your own? Is it easy to see other islands at weekends etc? Should we take this opportunity?!

Many thanks
lr
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:21 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expats with babies/toddlers in Barbados?

Hi Lilly just a note to say welcome - I dont have children so cant help on that one but re travelling there are lots of neighbouring islands but unfortunately the travel there (Liat) is basically a monopoly and they are expensive

Should you take a 3month work opportunty in Caribbean out of the cold and rain umm let me get back to you on that one lmao .......................