Expat / Volunteer groups

Old May 27th 2010, 10:37 am
Just Joined

annie1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expat / Volunteer groups

Hi,

I'm in Barbados on an extended stay and looking to meet some new people while I'm over here. Does anyone have details of any British expat groups or even volunteer groups? I believe there is a British Women's group, but I can't seem to find any details.

Regards
Ann-Marie
Old May 28th 2010, 2:04 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat / Volunteer groups

check in with the community liason person at the British High Commission, they will have all sorts of info on what the brits do for volunteering in Barbados. Their womens group meets, early in each month and I know they also do some work with the childrens ward at the QEH. Ros Griffiths was the CLO at the British High, but she is moving back to the UK soon and not sure if they have filled her spot.

good luck
Old May 28th 2010, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

The new Liaison person is Dawn Springer, she is good fun and very helpful!
Old May 28th 2010, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

annie1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for your replies, I'll check that out! x
Old Jun 28th 2010, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Debbie-Antoinette is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I've been living in Barbados a while now but, like annie1969, would love to meet some new people from the expat community. Does anyone here have any firsthand experience of the British Women's Club, or alternatively, know of any multi-national expat groups here? Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

TriciaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I`m gonna be in Barbados from October for a year as my partner is doing a job there. I never done any volunteer work before, but would def be interested for the time I`ll be there, to keep me occupied.
We will be in Holetown, any activities there?

- Tricia