Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Estate Agents ( Re-sales not New Builds)

Estate Agents ( Re-sales not New Builds)

Old Dec 18th 2010, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Estate Agents ( Re-sales not New Builds)

Can anyone help , I want to view properties fore sale St James, Bridgetown area, all the agents I have found seem to be pushing New Builds, we do not want a brand new property , we are looking for Property established with some character and soul.
Any good advice please.
Kind Regards
Old Dec 19th 2010, 9:10 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estate Agents ( Re-sales not New Builds)

I have a friend who is back into the real estate business with Altman but is in their South Coast Office.. her name is Elaine Storey - Worthing, Christ Church,
Barbados, BB15131 Tel: (246) 435-3537. I don't have her direct e-mail, but can find out for you. http://www.aaaltman.com/ this is their main webiste, but see if you can get directly to her.

also try Ron Karp at Ron Karp Realty http://www.karpreal.com/

and Jason McFarlane Seaside Realty http://www.seasiderealtybarbados.com/

I'm going to assume that many people would say..that you are a foreign investor and would prefer a newbuild. but there are some lovely older places in Barbados that just need someone to buy them..

The only other thing I can tell you.. is that usually once a bajan buys a home, they don't go anywhere.. it's not like the US where they buy a new place ever 5 years.. soo.. there are family homes that are passed down and not up for sale.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

myfreespirits is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Estate Agents ( Re-sales not New Builds)

Pleasse could you advisse me. I wish to rent long term my 2 bed/2 bath Condo apartment on a Resort?. I had very bad luck with my last Tenant and he caused a lot of damage and was I was so shocked that the so called 'screening' by this well known agency appeared to nothing. Who is efficient and who would you recommend for long term rentals to find me a good tenant? Please advise.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Britney is an unknown quantity at this point

Short term rentals maybe more rewarding,a lot of the agents are a waste of time,if you are really intrested i can put you in the right direction and have your property looked after and rented as easy as 123.Send me a private message for more info,there are lots of potentials for properties in Barbados,but a lot of unprofessional agents working under big company names and dont have a clue how to attract clients are putting people out of business daily.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 1:42 am
Just Joined

Westcoastbajan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigD
Can anyone help , I want to view properties fore sale St James, Bridgetown area, all the agents I have found seem to be pushing New Builds, we do not want a brand new property , we are looking for Property established with some character and soul.
Any good advice please.
Kind Regards
I think a lot of the new builds are offering additional commission so agents push them.

Try Tony Lason at Elegant Properties, he will sell you anything!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 7:40 am
Just Joined

DPS03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by myfreespirits
Pleasse could you advisse me. I wish to rent long term my 2 bed/2 bath Condo apartment on a Resort?. I had very bad luck with my last Tenant and he caused a lot of damage and was I was so shocked that the so called 'screening' by this well known agency appeared to nothing. Who is efficient and who would you recommend for long term rentals to find me a good tenant? Please advise.
I'm moving to the island at the end of January and will be looking for somewher for February. Are you still looking for a tenant? Cheers.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Jeremy01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out BEAVA Inc. (Barbados Estate Agents and Valuers Assoc.) for list of
members.

There are quite a few properties available on the west coast of the type you
are looking for. There will be wild variiations in prices!!