Emigrating to Barbados

Old May 26th 2010, 8:54 am
Just Joined

mhorro is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Emigrating to Barbados

Hi,

My familiy are British Nationals and live in UK and want to emigrate to Barbados.

We have been numerous times and have fallen in love with the place.

My profession is IT and my two children are 11 and 15.

First question, how easey is it to emigrate there?

Second question, are their are IT jobs on the island?

Thanks.
Old May 26th 2010, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Westcoastbajan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emigrating to Barbados

I would say it is difficult to immigrate into Barbados. Your best chance is to either have enough money to open a business and apply for visa based on the fact your opening a business or be sponsored by an employer. Unlike Australia, Barbados is not actively looking for new immigrants.

They are additional threads through out the Barbados forum that I recommend you read for additional information.
Old May 26th 2010, 10:07 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Check out this thread for some information as requested

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667061
Old May 28th 2010, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mhorro
First question, how easey is it to emigrate there?

Second question, are their are IT jobs on the island?
IT is a broad category. It is heavily dependent on tourism. Check what kind of jobs the upscale hotels want in IT category and see if you fit the bill.
Old May 29th 2010, 6:11 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anuny
IT is a broad category. It is heavily dependent on tourism. Check what kind of jobs the upscale hotels want in IT category and see if you fit the bill.
I'm guessing what you are saying is that BARBADOS is heavily dependent on Tourism, but there are many many other companies and business that rely on IT as well. Sooo.. to look only at the hotel sector would be limiting to only one type of work related job search.

Having said that.. IT is also a very big field when it comes to knowledgeable bajans.. Sooo think long and hard about this move.. and know it's not easy at all to make this at this time.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
I'm guessing what you are saying is that BARBADOS is heavily dependent on Tourism, but there are many many other companies and business that rely on IT as well. Sooo.. to look only at the hotel sector would be limiting to only one type of work related job search.

Having said that.. IT is also a very big field when it comes to knowledgeable bajans.. Sooo think long and hard about this move.. and know it's not easy at all to make this at this time.
I agree. I said Tourism right off the bat, because of a few of my friends who are in Toruism/IT . Ofcourse every vertical industry sector has an extensive IT group to deal with it.

IT IMHO, is a very broad category. Certainly a VLSI Engineer aint going to make any headway in the country