Duncan Bannatyne

Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:45 pm
Banned

delpino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Duncan Bannatyne

Anybody met him in Barbados? I've just finished reading his book and apparently he is often in Barbados.. anyway it kind of made me curious of this island, hopefully I will visit it one day.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Re: Duncan Bannatyne

Sadly my days lounging by the pool at Sandy Lane are over
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zanne
Sadly my days lounging by the pool at Sandy Lane are over
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Foxy_fromCanada
Haven't been inside, but driving past we were less than impressed with the width of the beach.....

as with all the islands we've visited it's far better to drive or get a driver than go with the sheep (if you get my drift). East coast wild & wonderful.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Actually, some of the nicer beaches aren't even on the west coast...
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:02 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Haven't been inside, but driving past we were less than impressed with the width of the beach.....

as you can appreciate, the widith of many / any beach changes with the ebb and flo of the tides. weather, wind condition and currents brings sand in and takes it away. There used to be a very wide lovely stretch of beach at Sandy Beach on the south coast (some people know it as Carib Beach because of the beach bar). in the last 16 years it's gone from incredibly wide stretch to almost nothing. and the same thing happens all around the island.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

eugiebabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
as you can appreciate, the widith of many / any beach changes with the ebb and flo of the tides. weather, wind condition and currents brings sand in and takes it away. There used to be a very wide lovely stretch of beach at Sandy Beach on the south coast (some people know it as Carib Beach because of the beach bar). in the last 16 years it's gone from incredibly wide stretch to almost nothing. and the same thing happens all around the island.
I remember Sandy Beach. I've been looking for it for years. I spent some time there back in '93, I think there was a beach volleyball competition there and I have been wondering what has happened to all that sand as I just can't find that beach.

I personally think the best beaches are on the south coast, Browns, Miami, Accra/Rockley, Crane, Foul Bay and Brandons.

Back to the original comment....theres a place in St Michael called Bannatynes no? Wonder if he named it after himself...!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 2:29 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to say, I don't know who Duncan Bannatyne is, so can't help you locate anything about him.

Re Sandy Beach. If you drive along the South Coast, by Worthing, turn down the road that takes you to Carib Beach Bar or the one beside Guang Dong Chinese. Head down to the beach, and that is Sandy Beach. It was very much a huge beach when I first moved here.. but the winds, tides, storms, etc have just taken it away.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

jondent is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eugiebabe
I remember Sandy Beach. I've been looking for it for years. I spent some time there back in '93, I think there was a beach volleyball competition there and I have been wondering what has happened to all that sand as I just can't find that beach.

I personally think the best beaches are on the south coast, Browns, Miami, Accra/Rockley, Crane, Foul Bay and Brandons.

Back to the original comment....theres a place in St Michael called Bannatynes no? Wonder if he named it after himself...!
What about Bottom Bay ? Surely the nicest !