dog friendly restaurants?

Old Sep 9th 2013, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

juliedean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dog friendly restaurants?

Having just spent an arm and a leg flying g the family dog out here I am oddly surprised that Bajans aren't as enamoured of him as we are! Are there ANY bars or restaurants that you guys know of where the dog can sleep under the table while we eat drink? We're quite central .

Thanks
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:10 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dog friendly restaurants?

none.. The ministry of health in Barbados would never allow this. The only place might be a location with a beach setting (Carib Beach Bar on the south coast.. possibly.. the Beach Bar at Coconut Court Beach hotel, maybe..

but never inside any restaurant..
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:19 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

let me tell you a story.. At the Atlantis Submarines building at the Shallow Draft (off the Spring Garden Highway close to the port). There is (or was) a canteen.. eating area. You went up to a window and ordered your food. then take it away, or sat at one of the tables. now.. it's open air.. AND it's right by where the Atlantis Submarine, the Jolly Roger and the rest of those things go from on any given day.

there is a sign on this location. no bare feet. no wait bathing suits.. etc etc etc.. Now understand clearly.. the food is on the inside.. and the tables on the outside. and also understand that there are people getting off JetSki's.. boats .. etc.. and possibly wanting food..

I used to work for a company that had an office upstairs in this building. One day, I went down to have lunch.. I had finished but was standing around.. not sure why. .but anyway.. A gentleman and his lady friend had gotten of one of the Jetski type boats from a guided tour group. wet .. they toweled off and the man walked over to the counter.. in his bare, sandy feet.. but still not completely dry.. and asks for a Coke.. one single bottle of coke.. and the lady behind the counter.. said.. sir you will have to put on shoes and dry clothes before we can serve you.. I was stunned..

he walked over to his wife and said something and neither were very happy.

I went.. purchased a coke. and walked it over to them.. they looked at me like I was someone from a different planet. but I said.. I'm soo sorry for the way you were treated.. there really is no reason to have not served you.. enjoy the coke and the rest of your stay in Barbados.. they thanked me and I walked off.

Soo.. tell you this is to say.. do you really think somewhere in Barbados is going to allow your dog in to sit under your table while you eat?? leave him/her home and have a nice evening out... sorry.. but that is the way it is here..
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

juliedean is an unknown quantity at this point

Message received and understood! Thanks Sunnie
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:33 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by juliedean
Having just spent an arm and a leg flying g the family dog out here I am oddly surprised that Bajans aren't as enamoured of him as we are! Are there ANY bars or restaurants that you guys know of where the dog can sleep under the table while we eat drink? We're quite central .

Thanks
I don't live in Barbados, so can't help, but may I ask an off topic question?
where did you fly the dog from? the UK?

I was reading about importing dogs from the US and that dogs need to spend 6 months in quarantine in the UK before coming to Barbados, but the article didn't seem to consider the newer quarantine laws in the UK and I wonder how you got your dog there.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:42 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

OK again totally off subject but talking about jobsworthy - some bajans are so afraid to think outside of the box or they may be branded trouble makers in the work place..here's a story a tourist told me

He approached a vendor selling hot dogs and burgers in the gap and asked for a hot dog with cheese...the assistant informed him that the cheese was for the burgers..he then asked how much was a hot dog ..she said $4 he said and how much is a hamburger she said $5 and then asked how much is a cheeseburger to which she replied $6 ...he then offered her $5 and said so can i then please have a hot dog with cheese... her reponse "I already told you the cheese is for the burgers"!!
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:46 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
OK again totally off subject but talking about jobsworthy - some bajans are so afraid to think outside of the box or they may be branded trouble makers in the work place..here's a story a tourist told me

He approached a vendor selling hot dogs and burgers in the gap and asked for a hot dog with cheese...the assistant informed him that the cheese was for the burgers..he then asked how much was a hot dog ..she said $4 he said and how much is a hamburger she said $5 and then asked how much is a cheeseburger to which she replied $6 ...he then offered her $5 and said so can i then please have a hot dog with cheese... her reponse "I already told you the cheese is for the burgers"!!
hehehe
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:55 pm

The only thing I can say to that Dipity is.. there is cheese for the hotdog.. the shaky kind.. .. oh well.. so much for asking and receiving.. and trying something new..