Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Do I need a transit visa for Morocco&USA before heading to Barbados from Nigeria

Do I need a transit visa for Morocco&USA before heading to Barbados from Nigeria

Old Oct 6th 2018, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Thisisjeck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do I need a transit visa for Morocco&USA before heading to Barbados from Nig

Just found out now,

emirates goes from Lagos to Dubai to Rio de Nero to Panama city
Qatar airways goes from Lagos to Doha to Madrid to Panama city
Turkish airline goes from Lagos to Istanbul to Panama city

still having issues with the connecting flight to bridgetown in Barbados, please I still need help on this, I'm so grateful for your assistance.
Old Oct 6th 2018, 6:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I need a transit visa for Morocco&USA before heading to Barbados from Nig

Probably best to speak to a travel agent if you want to book that many sectors.
Old Oct 6th 2018, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

The issue is no travel agent or travel company has an idea about Barbados flight, anyone I ask they tell me their company doesn't have Barbados flight, I just want to book it online and pay online.
Old Oct 6th 2018, 8:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thisisjeck
The issue is no travel agent or travel company has an idea about Barbados flight, anyone I ask they tell me their company doesn't have Barbados flight, I just want to book it online and pay online.
Pretty poor travel agents then.
2 minutes on www.expedia.co.uk has produced 12 one stop flights and 68 two stops.
Old Oct 7th 2018, 4:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks I have tried it out, most airlines there pass through transit visa required country, just wish I can get a connecting flight from Lagos to turkey to Panama city to Barbados.
but it well, I'm not giving up hope.
Old Oct 7th 2018, 4:55 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't it just be easier (and possibly cheaper in the long run) to go with the easiest available route, and sort out the transit visa?
Old Oct 7th 2018, 5:03 am
Just Joined

Here you need an appointment date with the consulate, and it can be up to 2 or 3 months, I'm still worried as to why someone need to do an interview just to transit through a country and the fee is same with applying for a tourist visa, the stress, the time, the documents all same thing, but I will see what I can do about processing it tomorrow.
Old Oct 7th 2018, 5:10 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Here you need an appointment date with the consulate, and it can be up to 2 or 3 months, I'm still worried as to why someone need to do an interview just to transit through a country and the fee is same with applying for a tourist visa, the stress, the time, the documents all same thing, but I will see what I can do about processing it tomorrow.
Probably due to the need to ensure that the person is definitely transiting and not trying to enter the said country illegally. There are also very high levels of corruption in Nigeria.

Given that the likelihood of obtaining a work permit for Barbados is very low, is there a reason that you've chosen the location?
Old Oct 7th 2018, 10:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I have tried it out, most airlines there pass through transit visa required country, just wish I can get a connecting flight from Lagos to turkey to Panama city to Barbados.
but it well, I'm not giving up hope.
Well I'm not saying that Expedia are perfect but as they do not list any non-stop fights thats a fairy good indication that there aren't any, You could probably hire a private jet.........

Seriously, if its the hassle of getting transit visas which is causing you all this angst, get over it and do the paperwork! It sounds like you are trying to migrate to Barbados. Migration involves a huge amount of paperwork and red tape, you may as well start now.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 5:55 am
Just Joined

Thanks to all for the reply, I choose Barbados mainly because of the language, there will be no language barrier, and the are mostly Christians, and mostly black race too, I do have privileged of going to most European countries but I might find it more hard to adjust quickly in Europe than in Barbados.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 9:17 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Dont assume the caribbean is free of prejudice. Most islands speak english, most are predominantly christian, most dont like any immigrants, most have lots of ‘castes’ colours, shades of colours, accents, races etc all hating each other. In a way the melting pots of the larger european cities see less of this, and some of those re easier and definitely cheaper to live in.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 3:52 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

I will have to agree with UK Grenada. .. and don't assume just because many of this country are Christians or religious people (doesn't always mean they are friendly or well meaning..) ..
Old Oct 8th 2018, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
... shades of colours, accents, races etc all hating each other...
Well, I have to say I've not come across all that much actual racial hatred anywhere in the Caribbean. Even in Jamaica, I would categorise the feeling as mutual resentment more than hatred. We're lucky in Cayman, in that while there is resentment aplenty among our inhabitants, none of it is tied to colour or race. Our predominant ill-feeling is between bloodline/ethnic Caymanians (who are of all colours) and expats of all nations (who are also of all colours).
Old Oct 8th 2018, 11:15 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Gordon.. I wouldn't actually say it's very apparent.. but trust me.. it's there. and wasn't there a Cayman government in the last maybe 15 years that did away with all work permits and made everyone reapply??? something similar maybe?? had a former Cable & Wireless friend who was forced to leave Cayman because of it and come back once it was all sorted..
Old Oct 9th 2018, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
Gordon.. I wouldn't actually say it's very apparent.. but trust me.. it's there. and wasn't there a Cayman government in the last maybe 15 years that did away with all work permits and made everyone reapply??? something similar maybe?? had a former Cable & Wireless friend who was forced to leave Cayman because of it and come back once it was all sorted..
No, Sunnie, it's actually not there. Trust me. The prejudice is ethnic, not racial. I know the word "racism" is used these days to cover all prejudices against an identifiable groups (e.g. Scots and English), but I don't use it in that way. I remember a black Jamaican once complained bitterly to me that he had been the subject of blatant racism, but I told him, "They hate you because you're Jamaican, not because you're black. A black Caymanian would treat you just as badly, wouldn't he?" And, thinking about it, he had to agree with me. Jamaicans of all colours are not really welcomed here by the average Caymanian, but they're needed because they're hard workers, in a place that relies heavily on migrant workers, and they're close by. Black Jamaican transient workers are (mostly) poor, unskilled and poorly educated, and are often shamefully exploited.by our indentured-labour system. In my newspaper-column days, I savaged the system as "near slavery", which made me popular with the victims at the time. But I never called it racism.

As for your question: the answer is "something similar". To appease the anti-foreigner (anti-foreign workforce in particular) sentiment among ethnic Caymanians, and fearing that European human-rights law would allow immigrants with ten years' continuous residence to stay in that place forever, the politicians of the day (with Britain's consent) passed a local Law that nobody on a Work Permit could stay beyond 7 years, although he could return after he had broken his residential continuity. And, the bastards made the law retrospective! Your C & W friend would have been caught in that net and made to leave Cayman for a year. On return, he would have been tossed out again after his second 7-year term, and so on. There are exceptions made, of course, in line with our local corruption, but that's a whole nother topic...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.